What's new

Free Agents we should take a look at

dwill#1

PG- Earl Watson, Steve Blake, Chris Duhon, Eddie House, Shaun Livingston, Marcus Williams

SG- Mike Miller, Matt Barnes, Rodney Carney, John Salmons, Quentin Richardson, Dorell wright, Shannon Brown, rasual Butler, Tony Allen

SF- Joey graham, Deveon George, Bobby Simmons, Ime Udoka, Travis Outlaw

PF/C- Amir Johnson, Louis Amundson, Channing Frye, Al harrington, Udonis Haslem, Joel Anthony, Drew Gooden, Ben Wallace, Brendan Haywood, Hakim Warrik, Theo Ratliff, Tyson Chandler, Tyrus Thomas

All these guys wouldn't cost that much besides Salmons, Chandler and Harrington. Let Gaines and Jeffers go, replace them with any of these 2. Sign and trade booz, let Korver walk, re sign Matthews and Fes. Maybe sign a couple more of these guys to have a full roster. If you find a taker for AK do it

Last edited:
Really??? No Boozer?

On that list I like Miller and Haslem. We are pretty weak at those positions.

Blake could back up Price or Gaines.

Haywood could back up Fes or Kosta!

Steve Blake would be a good back up, or I would be willing to take a chance on Livingston. Can Ben Wallace still play?

DO NOT READ IF YOU GET OFFENDED EASILY

Steve Blake would be a great backup to Dwill and depending on how much Livingston costs he would be worth a look. Maybe get him to go to Orlando??

Ben Wallace could be a guy to play 10-15 minutes, maybe. Not sure he's the answer but he's gotta be better than Kosta and Fes.

Haywood,Chandler and Thomas could help out but not worth the price tags they want.

If you can get Hayward or Chandler for the MLE. I think that would be great. No way they go for that though.

no randy foye? I think he is the type of combo guard utah could really use. Drew Gooden or Udonis Haslem wouldn't be bad depth. Also a dorrell wright could help a player like evans develop seeing how they have similar builds, not to mention he is a pretty darn good shot blocker when he gets time.

Barnes is who I want. What scares me is you listed half of these FA`s at the wrong position.

Last edited:
Barnes is who I want. What scares me is who you listed half of these FA`s at the wrong position.

I thought about barnes also, but he just adds to the logjam of wings. Although it kinda doesn't make sense why i would want dorrell wright either, since he does the same thing.

Supposedly Chandler is looking for a 10 mil a year contract or something like that, way too expensive for us.

If I had to pick too from each position this is how I go-
PG- Waton, Blake, Livingston
SG- Foye, barnes, Butler. I would include Salmons but he may cost too much
SF- Outlaw, Udoka, Graham
PF- , gooden, haslem, Johnson
C- anthony, Frye, Ratliff

Chandler,Haywood and Harrington will cost too much, tyrus thomas got an offer from the bobcats already and Wallace is too old

We're not going to use the MLE. I know somebody is going to swoop in here and say I'm being pessimistic and negative, but I will guarantee it -- we won't use the MLE.

If I had to pick too from each position this is how I go-
PG- Waton, Blake, Livingston
SG- Foye, barnes, Butler. I would include Salmons but he may cost too much
SF- Outlaw, Udoka, Graham
PF- , gooden, haslem, Johnson
C- anthony, Frye, Ratliff

Chandler,Haywood and Harrington will cost too much, tyrus thomas got an offer from the bobcats already and Wallace is too old
Good post.

Blake would certainly be an upgrade over Price/Gaines. I've never really liked Watson. And no, this isn't being racist.
I like Gooden or Haslem to get 20 mins/per behind Millsap.

Agree that Chandler and Haywood are going to want too much.

In the end, I think the Jazz are committed to moving AK to PF and giving him the backup minutes behind Millsap. As one of AK's biggest critics, I still like the guy as a person, even after all the crying. Ak's smart. He knows this is a contract year. And if he forgets, Masha will remind him. I think AK can have a great year. And that would only up his value at the deadline. Then he comes into play for all teams...as a pickup to help a contender in the playoffs, or as an expiring contract. The more teams bidding for his services, the better off the Jazz would be.

Of course, if AK is playing well and the Jazz are sitting in the 7th/8th spot, then Greg and KOC would probably just hang on to him. Just look at the this past year. Could have traded Boozer's expiring and gotten some decent value. But the myopic FO held on to Carlos, because they foolishly believed the Jazz had a shot at beating the Lakers. Idiots!!!

Really??? No Boozer?

On that list I like Miller and Haslem. We are pretty weak at those positions.

Blake could back up Price or Gaines.

Haywood could back up Fes or Kosta!

Are you kidding? Price sucks as a PG he is a hustle minature SG. He cannot run the offense. Blake would easily start over Price. Blake actually was a starter at one time. He would be a great backup to Dw.

Haywood again has started in the NBA while Fes and Kosta struggle to get minutes on the Jazz even though the weakest position is center.

WARNING WARNING WARNING ------------------DO NOT READ THIS POST IF YOU GET OFFENDED EASILY!----------------------WARNING WARNING WARNING

We better be resigning Mathews. I see him being a key part of our team for years to come.

Matthews #11 ahh....he looked good in #23.

Any of these would be good for the Jazz...

Travis Outlaw 6-9 PF/SF
Hakim Warrick 6-8 PF/SF
Tyrus Thomas 6-8 PF
Shannon Brown 6-4 SG/PG
John Salmons 6-6 SG/SF
Brendan Haywood 7-1 C
Tyson Chandler 7-0 C