What's new

Funny Story about Dodo's Wife

leftyjace

So I'm up at the U a few times this week. There's this woman there that looks horribly familiar to me, to the point of bugging me because I feel like I should be able to place it, but I just assumed it was either because I'd seen her around campus or done business with her in the past or something.

So I'm up there today (I'm on the Board of Directors for the U of U Business Alumni Association) for a big meeting with multiple boards, and she's there. We're on the same elevator as we're leaving the combined boards meeting. She tells me her name and it ends up she works for a company that is related to mine, and our companies actually do business. As the elevator door is closing we say that we need to talk shop sometime.

So later on, I'm at the Lassonde Studios taking a tour and one of the people I was in the elevator with mentioned that they knew her and that she was great. One of the Alumni Association Admins is right there listening to the convo, and gives me her e-mail address. So I figure why not, and shoot her a note to say hello and ask her what she does for the company. She tells me what she does... and it violently triggers a memory.

SHE'S DODO'S WIFE. A very sweet person. I hadn't seen her in like 10 years (JazzFanz Nite Out 2007), but I REMEMBERED HER.

Here are the two of them:
https://www.facebook.com/jazzfanzco...92053311684/10153133569056685/?type=3&theater

I don't know if it was the hairdo (hasn't changed) or the accent (Eastern European) or what she does for a living (Dodo had told us one time when we were playing BBall and he's mentioned it in here too), or a combination of all the memories at once, but I triggered to meeting her that night.

It's a very, very small world, guys.

OK, now you can go ahead and flame me for being stalker-ish, or obsessed with Dodo's wife, or something like that. I'm ready. <big breath>

That's a good memory you got there. I remember them from the event, but I wouldn't have recognized them anywhere else.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using JazzFanz mobile app

Ask her how he is doing and tell her we miss him. He was always a quality poster.

This thread is more boring than watching the Utes game tonight.

you mean that game you were watching with complete neutrality because there was nothing else better to do with your life? The game that ended on a drive with multiple 4th-down conversions and a go-ahead touchdown in the final 20 seconds?

Looks like Dodo, Mrs. Dodo, my girlfriend and I will be getting a beer one of these evenings.
I will your warmest regards along to him.

12400943_10153133569646685_1995203932068060185_n.jpg

omg