What's new

Gabe Procida Watch Thread

I liked what I saw on a quick google search when the trade happened. I’m curious if they have any immediate plans to bring him in. With some of those guys there seems to be a window where if they don’t come over you won’t see them until they are late 20s.

For what it's worth he is averaging seven tenths of a point per game less than former Jazz great Matty Ice while playing three minutes less per game. He leads the team in steals.

For what it's worth he is averaging seven tenths of a point per game less than former Jazz great Matty Ice while playing three minutes less per game. He leads the team in steals.
I couldnt help but laugh when I saw Matt Thomas was his Bundesliga teammate, Dennis Lindsey strikes again!

I'm squinting as hard as I can but I can't see this guy ever being as good of an NBA player as Pistons legend Simone Fontecchio.
SImone didnt become a Euroleague rotation player until age 25. Gabe is getting 18 MPG at age 21.

There's a lot of time for Gabe. I wouldnt be in a hurry to bring him over.

Last edited:
SImone didnt become a Euroleague rotation player until age 25. Gabe is getting 18 MPG at age 21.

There's a lot of time for Gabe. I wouldnt be in a hurry to bring him over.
You just don't want them to get too entrenched with the league over there to where they start getting good checks. If the Jazz really like him I'd try and bring him over this offseason on a longer term deal or at least make a firm commitment to bring him over the following year so he doesn't sign a deal with a huge buyout or something.

This is truly an incredibly surprising statement.
[shrug]

I've watched both of them play. That's just the conclusion I'm drawing at this point. Try to deal with it or put me on ignore so we can both stop wasting our time with this crap.

As a parting gift to you, I'll turn my take around.

Pistons legend Simone Fontecchio seems like a much better NBA player than Procida will likely become!

Feel better?

You just don't want them to get too entrenched with the league over there to where they start getting good checks. If the Jazz really like him I'd try and bring him over this offseason on a longer term deal or at least make a firm commitment to bring him over the following year so he doesn't sign a deal with a huge buyout or something.
This make sense to me. He has potential and I like that. The problem is the jazz are getting younger and younger. It really depends on how many picks the jazz use next year. Having 7 or 8 players on their rookie contracts seems to say rebuild. It is a good position to be in but bringing him over right away may not be the best solution.

[shrug]

I've watched both of them play. That's just the conclusion I'm drawing at this point. Try to deal with it or put me on ignore so we can both stop wasting our time with this crap.

As a parting gift to you, I'll turn my take around.

Pistons legend Simone Fontecchio seems like a much better NBA player than Procida will likely become!

Feel better?
But the real question is will tech be better than Procida AND who is drafted with the pick. Second rounders are not sure things but let's wait and see.

I'm squinting as hard as I can but I can't see this guy ever being as good of an NBA player as Pistons legend Simone Fontecchio.
Yeah kinda hard to imagine. Course prior to his breakout this season how many saw it happening with Tech? One thing you can be sure of, after his impressive showing against the Clippers coming in ice cold knowing nothing about their plays, Williams and Cunningham are happy they have him.