What's new

Gallinari deal held up until what's his name decides?

Bodhi

Contributor
This Gallinari deal being in a holding pattern sure seems like his camp is waiting numb nutzz decision with the thought that Utah will give him 4 years and more than the Clipzz.

Am I off here?

RUBIIIIIOOOOO to Gallllliiiinnaaarrrii.....sounds pretty good for two points as a viable backup plan.

If the guy could stay healthy, he is a top offensive talent and exactly what we need to go with all our defense

Not as good defensively. Almost as good of a shooter. Mitchell might get more minutes without Hayward. Might be ok here.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I've been fine with this for a while, but it's getting nerve racking that the entire NBA and multiple fansl bases are being held hostage over one decision.

I would be skeptical, but you pretty much have to do it. His injury history is terrible, gets hurt every year. He can score the rock though and the Jazz really need another scorer if Hayward leaves.

Sign and trade for Crowder, maybe olynek and then sign gallinari, even with the Hayward loss these 2/3 would be cool.

Ricky Rubio is your point guard. Rudy Gobert is your center. Joe Ingles, Rodney Hood, Joe Johnson and the new kid are spacing the floor for you. The coach is running plays to make you look like a star.... Yeah, I could see why Gallinari would play with the Jazz.

Better stats?
Hayward with Boston
Gainari with Utah

Better stats?
Hayward with Boston
Gainari with Utah

By what metric? I could see Gallinari scoring more, but Hayward will almost assuredly have the better PER/efficiency/advanced defensive stats.

Ricky Rubio is your point guard. Rudy Gobert is your center. Joe Ingles, Rodney Hood, Joe Johnson and the new kid are spacing the floor for you. The coach is running plays to make you look like a star.... Yeah, I could see why Gallinari would play with the Jazz.

Or he could go to LA or Miami, both of which are prime FA destinations. No idea about Gallinari's preference to be on a great team (or if FA's even consider Utah that if they lose Hayward).

Hayward is better than Gallinari but I think it would be only a minor step back to have Gallinari instead of Hayward if he stays healthy. We will also be a better team than the Jazz were last year with him. We need some health luck, we are due.

I could get excited about Gall. Lose Hayward while gaining GAll and Mitchell mind end up being only a small drop off. Hayward is durable and Gall is not so who knows how that works out.