What's new

GAME 1: Little Ricky's journey to the playoffs -- Jazz @ Thunder 4/15/18 4:30 pm MST

I still like the Jazz in 6. Not concerned at all after this game. At one point in the middle of the 4th OKC was shooting 50% from the field and 50% from 3. They finished the game shooting 48% and 48% respectively. They were making EVERY SINGLE CONTESTED jumpshot. Literally every single one. Spida was banged up. Their crowd was loud and begging for a blowout. We didn't play well offensively. And Thunder still only won this game by 8.

Basically, this was OKC's best possible punch. The Jazz are still standing and throwing hands. They were given round one of the fight. But I still think we'll win the fight. I really don't see OKC replicating this game today.

Great post

Yup, you avoided the question, so obviously don't have evidence to back up your claim.
It's the playoffs. You make adjustments according to the team you're facing.
I'm not about to go look up videos to prove a point that's been obvious to anyone watching this team play. C'mon with that ****.

Yup, you avoided the question, so obviously don't have evidence to back up your claim.
It's the playoffs. You make adjustments according to the team you're facing.
Royce played great against KD just last week. And he’s been an honerable mention All Defensive player mentioned by numerous pundits. C’mon man. Burks got hot in garbage time and knocked down shots. For whatever reason, he’s fallen out of the rotation. I’m glad he shot well tonight, but let’s not overreact.

If you want to say that the Jazz should have gotten someone who offers more than Royce for the playoffs - then that’s fair. But he’s played well as a rotational player and should be the top option off the bench. I just wish he had more confidence in his offense right now.

Jazz desperately need another prominent offensive minded player who can create his own shot. I do feel like OKC is going to cool down going forward... but DM needs some help on offense. Rubio's inefficient shooting isn't going to cut it.

O’Neal is so much better than Burks and going to be huge for us to have a chance this series. Nothing could be done today, that **** happens.

Never fun to loose but I am feeling good about our chances. A couple of things; Jonas got killed by Anthony out there. Tough match up for him. I think Favors needs to play much more next game. I think he matches up better with adams, and Anthony. Exum struggled at first but really got it going. He needs more minutes. Also if we aren’t clicking by the second quarter I would give Burks a few minutes.

Pg13 won this game, hats off to him he was unreal on both ends of the floor. Let’s get the next one go jazz!!!

Glorified garbage minutes

Stop to belittle him just because doesn't fit Quin's system. This team needs players that can create their own shot too, not only defensive players that can't shot. Butks could be a Will Barton type of player.

If Burks had the green light to attack the basket, I think he could be very useful offensively.

Well if PG shoots 8-11 every game Jazz will have trouble winning any games. I doubt he does but they have to figure something out to slow him down.
DM is a stud no matter what. First playoff game he goes for 20+ points and 10 rebounds on a sore toe. The one thing I saw OKC do on him was to pick him up early so he always had a guy in his face. Perhaps the Jazz might try that on PG.

Favors and Gobert are getting shoved around by Adams. Adams is a bull but he gets away with murder under the basket. The refs need to call a foul on the dude when he knee jacks Rudy out of the way. In my opinion it is the same as pushing off in the back. Favors and GObert were out rebounded by our SG. That can't continue to happen. Letting OKC get second chances will be the death of our playoff chances.

Jazz didn't really run their offense today because OKC was physical with them and the Jazz didn't counter well. Playoff basketball is at a higher level than regular season because the physicality is higher so teams need guys who can create their own. Jazz have one. OKC has three. So for the Jazz to win Jazz need more contributions from our bench which we didn't get.

As far as getting some playing time for Burks, I think the Jazz should consider it because he is one of the other guys on the team who can create his own shot. Jazz can go small ball with the second unit and run a little more. Overall, tonight is what I expected now the Jazz need to make some adjustments. I hope DM is ok. Jingles, Favors, Rudy, RUbio, Exum etc all need to step up their games.

Royce played great against KD just last week. And he’s been an honerable mention All Defensive player mentioned by numerous pundits. C’mon man. Burks got hot in garbage time and knocked down shots. For whatever reason, he’s fallen out of the rotation. I’m glad he shot well tonight, but let’s not overreact.

If you want to say that the Jazz should have gotten someone who offers more than Royce for the playoffs - then that’s fair. But he’s played well as a rotational player and should be the top option off the bench. I just wish he had more confidence in his offense right now.
For the record, I think Royce plays good defense against people that are not superstars or really fast (I would disagree about him playing great defense against KD).

If we were playing the Timberwolves, Pelicans, or Spurs, I would be fine with him having playing time, as he would be effective. But we are playing the Thunder, so I'm not fine with it.

Never fun to loose but I am feeling good about our chances. A couple of things; Jonas got killed by Anthony out there. Tough match up for him. I think Favors needs to play much more next game. I think he matches up better with adams, and Anthony. Exum struggled at first but really got it going. He needs more minutes. Also if we aren’t clicking by the second quarter I would give Burks a few minutes.

Pg13 won this game, hats off to him he was unreal on both ends of the floor. Let’s get the next one go jazz!!!
Tbh - I’ve worried about Jerebko getting playoff minutes for awhile now. Just not enough shooters in the top 8 players (Gobert, Favors, Crowder, Jingles, O’Neale, Mitchell, Rubio, Exum) to not play him some minutes. Feel like he’s a great bench big for the regular season, but not a guy to rely on big playoff minutes.

I agree with playing Favors more. . . although he needs to be more of a rebound and offensive force if he’s getting big minutes. What happened to the Jingles/Favors pick and roll that’s been so successful lately?