What's new

Game #12 Hou @ Utah Nov 19-7:00 PM MT

I think kantor would benifit from playing with mo playing point. mo is actually a shooting threat. were as tin sucks at shooting.... how a point gaurd can stay in the nba and shoot so poorly is beyond me... but kanter and favers get double every time.... everyone knows tin aint gunna shoot it.

and rebounded decently (8 in 16 is respectable).
and didn't waste shots (2/4).

Nothing about that is playing badly, even if it's not a great game.

I think it was his best game of the season by far. 4 TO's hurts but whats most impressive is 3 assists. He had total of 8 assists all season last year and looked absolutely clueless when it comes to passing. So that is huge improvement if he wants to be successful in this league. In order for post up player to be successful he needs to master pass out of low post and repost and as well to find cutters whenever double team comes ( that pass to cutting Evans was great, he never even looked for that last year ). So if he at least becomes half way decent in that area it is huge deal.
Next thing he needs to work is his screen setting and pick and roll skills. As I said, yesterday's game showed me that there is hope in him.

Reactions: BYE
Tinsley, Tinsley.. we can't have a point guard that has no chance of making a shot.
This is stupid. Your complaining about a guy who can't score, but had 11 dimes, and made the rest of the team better.
why should burks bust his gut.

the captain doesnt have to bust his guts. and gets garanteed minutes.

it's all the coaching philosophy
really Dutch, is it possible that Burks just isn't that good.

Quick question...

Does Ty know how to coach a pick'n roll offense? Hell why set a pick where the defender doesn't even have to fight to go over the pick. Al and Millsap set the softest picks ever in the history of the NBA. Those idiots don't even make contact. Doesn't Corbin see this? There is no reason to run pick'n roll with those idiots. This probably explains why they don't box out, because they'd have to make contact.

You can't bench Tinsley - he's averaging 11 assists per 36 minutes.

For a guy who plays primarily with the second squad, those are spectacular numbers.

You can't bench Tinsley - he's averaging 11 assists per 36 minutes.

For a guy who plays primarily with the second squad, those are spectacular numbers.

Just to pick a nit, that's only one number. But it is nice and yea, he has to play considering our dreams of Foye/Burks doing it have been flushed.

Apparently Lindsey was not happy with the 3rd Q by the Jazz and let them know about it. Good to see him not settling for good enough. Push them Lindsey. Put them into the fire and make something for us.

al still sucks.
he si out time to put rockets away.

with al jazz have no killer instinct.

to bad al is putting up great stats ala boozer. and will get him playing time.
but good stats dont necessarily mean WIN

You're not seriously pinning the lack of killer instict solely on Big Al are you?

I think kantor would benifit from playing with mo playing point. mo is actually a shooting threat. were as tin sucks at shooting.... how a point gaurd can stay in the nba and shoot so poorly is beyond me... but kanter and favers get double every time.... everyone knows tin aint gunna shoot it.

Yeah. Tinsley's shot is terrible. Don't worry we'll have Earl back next game. From terrible to just bad. So it is an upgrade

Yeah. Tinsley's shot is terrible. Don't worry we'll have Earl back next game. From terrible to just bad. So it is an upgrade

From 17% to 20%....?
Minus the assists, plus a little better defense, minus the hieght, and plus the unbridled intensity?
Earl wins 3-2. I think I just thew up in my mouth at how awful the backup PG situation is.
This is almost Ronnie Pricean levels.

I wish we could get Quinn back.

This has probably already been stated, but even though the Jazz won against the Rockets, I'm still not happy with the way the point is being ran. Maybe that's how Ty wants it? I see very little patience or court vision with Mo handling and I still see a lot of selfish basketball. One of the other things that constantly bothers me is when Al has the ball on the left block, no one cuts to the basket. During one possession it looked like Paul was going to cut middle while Al had the ball on the low block, but then hesitated and stayed right block. I will give Mo some credit, last night he ran the PnR with Al during one possession which resulted in a bucket for Al.

Maybe I'm old, but I want to see more cutting while the big is holding on the left block, I want to see more PnR's close to the foul line with a big cutting and getting the easy bucket. It's great that Mo can score, but one of the things that gets me excited is seeing the ball movement. It will almost always result in great, winning basketball.

You're not seriously pinning the lack of killer instict solely on Big Al are you?

I do because he is a team captain and it rubs off on the team.
he is the highest paid leader.
and he is not held acountable to his mistakes/short commings.
so if any player wants to be succesfull they have to have al as an example and that really truly rubs off.
unless you have another form of motivation eg Carol.

to bad not everyone is like carol

This has probably already been stated, but even though the Jazz won against the Rockets, I'm still not happy with the way the point is being ran. Maybe that's how Ty wants it? I see very little patience or court vision with Mo handling and I still see a lot of selfish basketball. One of the other things that constantly bothers me is when Al has the ball on the left block, no one cuts to the basket. During one possession it looked like Paul was going to cut middle while Al had the ball on the low block, but then hesitated and stayed right block. I will give Mo some credit, last night he ran the PnR with Al during one possession which resulted in a bucket for Al.

Maybe I'm old, but I want to see more cutting while the big is holding on the left block, I want to see more PnR's close to the foul line with a big cutting and getting the easy bucket. It's great that Mo can score, but one of the things that gets me excited is seeing the ball movement. It will almost always result in great, winning basketball.

agreed. i posted the same observations after the road trip. at least the point guards did a better job of pushing the ball upcourt against the rockets than they have been recently. with our athletic wings we should be scoring a heap more on fast breaks. mo did a good job of driving and kicking out to open shooters in the first half. he's also been deadly with that pull-up jumper from a foot or two behind the free throw line and he needs to keep taking that when he's open.

im probably old too and the lack of pick-and-roll and cuts are also pet peeves. guys don't cut with any conviction at all. it makes our offense appear even more predictable for the fans and opposition when you see guys are just jogging through plays lamely, hands down around their knees, without any intent. the mo-to-al pnr last night (the first i can remember all season) was great basketball. hopefully we'll see more of it. a whole lot of teams run this on every other possession with success. our bigs, with their size and touch, should be killing it on the pick and roll.

I told you guys the Jazz are good.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤~~~~~¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
¤¤¤¤¤¤¤·····♡····¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
¤¤¤¤¤¤¤~~~~~¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

The Jazz got Heart

enesmerribaunt.jpg