What's new

Game 3: His name is Jonas -- Thunder @ Jazz 4/21/2018 8:00 pm MST

This is seriously my favorite Jazz team to watch since the Finals teams of the late 90s. There's nothing I really hate about this team, other than maybe Crowder jacking up a few too many shots. But I still like the toughness he brings to the team. Just wish his shot would start falling soon.

This game was a joy to watch. Especially Ingles getting under the skin of Paul George.

I know Westbrook is a high usage volume guy .... but has a team made him look as inept as this?

Just surreal. I mean is Ricky really a top 15-20 player in the world??

This is seriously my favorite Jazz team to watch since the Finals teams of the late 90s. There's nothing I really hate about this team, other than maybe Crowder jacking up a few too many shots. But I still like the toughness he brings to the team. Just wish his shot would start falling soon.

This game was a joy to watch. Especially Ingles getting under the skin of Paul George.

This. I think next year, if we can more consistently take our d to a whole 'nother level, ala those 90's Pistons teams, and Rubio is this good all year, and Crowder just finds his role and sticks to it better, and Donovan becomes a tiny bit more efficient, and Sef comes back as really good Sef, I think we could win it all. I can't believe I'm saying that but I think we could.

This. I think next year, if we can more consistently take our d to a whole 'nother level, ala those 90's Pistons teams, and Rubio is this good all year, and Crowder just finds his role and sticks to it better, and Donovan becomes a tiny bit more efficient, and Sef comes back as really good Sef, I think we could win it all. I can't believe I'm saying that but I think we could.
Say it loud, and say it proud! This team is still finding its way. Give us some time to "gel", modest growth from X and Royce, return thabo and we are definitely contenders.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using JazzFanz mobile app

No matter what happens, this team has made this year special. Almost always, someone steps up. Game 2, Favors decided to put on a clinic on the boards and keeps us in that game. Game 3, Rubio decided to idolize Westbrook, Royce found a way to roll (I creamed myself when he nailed those 3s at so critical a time), and Jingles found his shooting form again. As long as DM and Gobert do their thing and we have that 3rd option when someone gets hot, this team is difficult to beat because how you attack them changes every game. When Utah gets into a scheme that locks down on D, they grind and destroy the opposing team's spirit.

If Utah gets Game 4, this series is over. RWB and PG are going to go hard at it and we'll need to prepare for that. But I'm sure Q had visions while doing usual post game 8 Ball. We must keep our foot on their throats and not let up until they tap.

Next year... what about this year.. a person can dream. Until the Jazz are eliminated I will believe in miracles. One thing for sure if the Jazz were able to make it through to the Finals they will have earned it. OKC, Houston, GS top 3 of 4 teams in the regular season.

Utah has a puncher's chance at this point. Great coaching and team concept, a true #1 option on offense, great role players, a french ogre that eats souls in the paint, a Spaniard with an identity crisis, a math teacher of a SF, and a PF/C who is a throwback in style but gets the job done. That said, we'd still have to get through Houston and GSW in back-to-back series, and that's a tall order for anyone. But this team did post the second best record after the break. There is a reason for that.

Westbrook's comments about guaranteeing that Rubio won't make shots next game, so unprofessional and childish. Tip your hat to the guy, it is ok to recognize/give credit to other players when they play well.

This is another reason why I love the Jazz players they are always respectful of the other team. They respect the game and their competitors.

I was thinking the same thing. Most fun basketball to watch since the Finals teams.

Alright, so Houston hasn’t ever scared me. We take Houston in 6 and push GSW to 7. That would be a bit hard to swallow to fall to GS in 7, though, knowing that the WCF is playing for the title.

Westbrook's comments about guaranteeing that Rubio won't make shots next game, so unprofessional and childish. Tip your hat to the guy, it is ok to recognize/give credit to other players when they play well.

This is another reason why I love the Jazz players they are always respectful of the other team. They respect the game and their competitors.
I think WB is just trying to find something extra to motivate himself.

So you have to motivate yourself by knocking your opponent's performance. After game two he dissed the Jazz defense when asked about missing shots. Sorry, it is pretty lame to think that maybe just maybe the reason why you are losing is the other team is outplaying you. Let him keep talking because that means the Jazz are in his head. He can talk all he wants, talk don't win games.