What's new

Game 45 - Rockets at Jazz 7:00 MST, Root Sports

I didn't watch the game for obvious reasons.
I know it's a terrible game, but is watching the youngsters in garbage time worth it? Particularly Burks and Favors? Should I watch any portion of this mess keeping in mind that I fast forward the vets anyways?
Rep to any answers. I already know what may have happened. Lin burned Tinsley. Watson left unguarded 15 ft out, Al kicked in the nuts on PnR and Foye on Harden.
Unfortunately Burks' play closely resembled the team worst -32 he achieved. There is a nasty throwdown near the end by Favors, but hopefully you could find it as the Jazz sole highlight rather that submitting yourself to the torchure. Favors also had a nice block of a Rockets dunk.

Nevermind, they ended the highlights in the 3rd qtr lol. Still not worth watching to find those two plays imo.

I am not upset at the Rockets for pouring it on. This isn't Jr. Jazz, it isn't church ball. The fans pay to watch, the players are paid ridiculous ammounts to play---and if they don't put up a fight they deserve to get embarrased.

If the rockets had let up a little and won by say 30, would the Jazz feel less embarrassed this morning? Would TY feel a little more secure in his job? Would the GM be less inclined to re-evaluate his plan? If the answer to any of those are yes, or even a maybe, then I am glad the Rockets continued to abuse the Jazz.

wheter jazz lose by 2 10 30 40 45 of 100 points, ty wont feel less secure. the gm would not re eveluate
it is just one game and we got the road stretch comming.
and we get valuablele playoff experience for the young uns

It's not like the rockets, "just got hot" and the rest was history. Locke reported before the tip that over the past 5 games opponents were shooting 52 percent against us and that at some point our lack of defense would come back to bite us. Last night was one of those nights. Then again, is it a surprise? Our p&r defense has been horrible for a few years now. Big Al is worthless defensively. Did we really expect Lin and Harden to not exploit this?

funny this coincides with kanter getting less and less minutes.
not even playing in the 2nd half.
i guess it is a coincidnce

you know what would be a coincidence. when al misses a game or two the defense magically gets way better

If you are concerned at all about an opponent being so much better than you that they are able to totally embarrass you on your own floor, the response should be to try and prevent that from happening (trying harder and/or demanding more from your organization/players/coaches), not whining about meanies. Get better. Try harder. Don't accept quit.

**** the Rockets, but whatever. This is the apex of competition in the sport, so come to the table with that reality in mind. Teams that don't show up prepared and with the right mentality WILL be embarrassed relative to expectations (for example, the Heat losing to the Wizards at all, or a mediocre team getting nuked on their home floor by another mediocre team).

I agree, but I'm still fascinated that they were so willing to rub it in. Usually the lead gets to 20 and everyone just mails it in.

I agree, but I'm still fascinated that they were so willing to rub it in. Usually the lead gets to 20 and everyone just mails it in.

I hope that Utah faces Houston at some point in the playoffs again and just dismembers their hopes all over again. In a very brutal, unmerciful way. Piss on them, their FO and their fanbase.

This is competition at the highest level. Sometimes you mail it in after 20, sometimes you want to make a statement with intent to demoralize and break your opponent. The Rockets made a statement, and there is a chance that the Jazz could be broken going forward until this is sorted out.

Having said that, I hope the Jazz have some self respect and return the favor.

I hope that Utah faces Houston at some point in the playoffs again and just dismembers their hopes all over again. In a very brutal, unmerciful way. Piss on them, their FO and their fanbase.

problem is honestly if we have the same team. and rockets the same team. harden and lin are just gonna MURDER the jazz 4-0 or 4-1 as long as big al is on the pick and roll defense.
it's gonna be epic and humilitaing

I don't know why so many people are pissed off at the Rockets.

They may have done us a favor.

A huge *** kicking might knock some sense into this FO.

If watching the games over the past 2 years hasn't convinced management about Corbin and Jefferson then maybe a few more *** kickings will. If Harden and Lin helped us to trade Big Al or firing Corbin then we should all thank them.

If watching the games over the past 2 years hasn't convinced management about Corbin and Jefferson then maybe a few more *** kickings will. If Harden and Lin helped us to trade Big Al or firing Corbin then we should all thank them.

or, to look at it another way: given what the young guys showed us last night i'm not sure the FO will be so keen to send al packing just yet.