What's new

Game 58: Jazz at Thunder, Feb 22 7:30pm mtn

I hate turnovers. More often than not, they seem totally careless. There’s calculated risk and then stupid, careless risks. Too often the latter occurs.

I agree with this and one of the things that drives me nuts about Locke on his podcast is how he discounts turnovers, often claiming they’re not that big of a deal. BS, especially with our team having less possessions than others typically.

It’s not only Rubio’s turnovers but it’s his lack of awareness especially at crucial times. For example, last night at the end of regulation or the first overtime, I can’t remember, but he ignored Rudy’s screen and drove into three defenders which lead to a costly turnover. He did this with around 14 seconds left on the shot clock. He needs to be aware in that situation, bring it back out and run something else or heaven forbid, call a timeout.

Snyder needed more Korver and O’Neale last night. The minute distribution makes no sense to me. Super frustrating game.

Another thing Locke always says that bugs me is we don’t put Favors on the bench so we don’t “lose” or Quinn doesn’t “lose” him or out of respect for him, same thing in the postcast last night, Locke says you don’t pull Rubio when he’s struggling. What??

If it’s some superstar that’s one thing, but neither of those guys are that and both would be helpful off the bench in my opinion, but apparently we can’t hurt their feelings by asking that. To me that kind of thinking by Locke and potentially our organization may be why we haven’t become elite. If coddling guys is more important than winning, not necessarily at all costs, but maybe at the cost of Rubio and/or Favors not being called “starters” then we’re doomed to mediocrity and that sucks.

This game still stings. Easily the worst loss of the season. We should have won this. Way too many chances.
I agree with most of your post.
I feel that the 50 point loss to Dallas was the worst of the season though.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

U can't blame the loss on Rubio. Many more reasons they than just him. Starting with Paul George...

Not natural. He didn't have it the last game we played them. Capella has started doing it to his hair as well.
Yup
He does it to increase his brand/marketability. Helps him stand out.

When Schroder did show up on this continent, the only thing distinctive about him was a square of gold dyed into his dark hair. It certainly set him apart, which was his mother’s idea from the beginning. In Germany, she used to run a hair salon, and it was her vision to color Dennis entirely blond. He balked. The unique spot treatment was the product of intense negotiation and compromise

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

So yeah, I’m coming back to thisbover and over, but that non-trade was a disaster. Rubio is obviously so ****ing rattled. What an incredible waste of time and energy by the team, and Quin absolutely **** the bed by riding that lineup into the ****ing ground. Unbelievable. You have one of the best shooters of all time resting on the bench and no other offense coming since Donovan was dead. Favors was perfect from the field. Someone explain to me how on earth Rubio was still on the floor.

This is the kind of game that sends your season spiraling. And you did it because you’re so ****ing married to Rubio and Dante Exum.

I'm imaging how different your attitude would be if Paul George doesn't make a once-in-a-season brilliant shot. But yeah, I agree about Rubio. He's *** and should have been traded for practically anything. He does not make this team better. We play better when Mitchell is running the point instead of Rubio. That's so obvious and Quin Snyder has to be able to see it.

Too much negativity in this thread. We had the Thunder beat, the 3rd best team in the West, on the road, despite an MVP performance from Paul George and an insane statline from Russell Westbrook. One damn Jordanesque shot away from it. I don't disagree with the assessments of Rubio and Snyder's poor decision-making, but we're completely overlooking all the positives from that game.

In a nutshell, it proved the Jazz are a really, really good team and that we can make a deep playoff run, especially if Exum comes back healthy and Snyder quits being such a dumbass about not letting Mitchell run the point more.

BS. Rubio is the reason we lost. He handed this game to the Thunder on a silver platter. He needs benched for good.

Like I said, some were the catalysts for this loss more than others. But I refuse to pin it on one guy when there were multiple key mistakes from even some of our good players that handed this to OKC.

This game still stings. Easily the worst loss of the season. We should have won this. Way too many chances.

The worst loss??? Did you not see the 50 point loss a few months ago?? Wtf is wrong with you people

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

OK, so now we're 6 games back. Don't act like the sky is falling.

Well, holy ****. We're currently only 4 games back from OKC. You got your wish, little guy.