What's new

Game #7 - Utah Jazz vs Phoenix Suns - 11/10/12 - 7:00 PM MST, Root Sports - 1280AM/97.5 FM

Come on now, we wouldn't have seen Favors' behind the back dribble and layup if Tinsley hadn't thrown a quick outlet pass.

Tinsley was a breath of fresh air to watch, and it's something the Jazz only wish they could get on a consistent basis. It's unfortunate that Tinsley isn't still a little younger, and had more in the tank.

Again Big Al with a great game at home against average bigs. He played good no doubt, but he needs to do this on the road against elite
teams if he is going to be our leader (Favors as well).

Again Big Al with a great game at home against average bigs. He played good no doubt, but he needs to do this on the road against elite
teams if he is going to be our leader (Favors as well).

Isn't Gortat considered to be one of the better defensive big men in the league?

If Gortat were traded to Utah at the very least he won't have to worry about playing against them any more.

In the last two games against The Jazz Gortat is shooting 1-14.

And I'm pretty sure all 13 misses were blocked by Derrick Favors.

Mo isn't a floor general, he doesn't have a good sense of spacing or pace. Dude's probably been the Jazz's most consistently competitive player this season, but no amount of trying is going to change the way he sees/plays the game of basketball.

Maybe I misread that part of your post.

I meant that Mo doesn't have to play the way he's playing. I wholeheartedly agree he doesn't have natural skills as a floor general. But he could show more retraint trying to get his own offense. Ironically, he could benefit from slowing down. Tinsley takes time to scour the defense on his possessions and you frequently see him choosing certain matchups to exploit and directing players to move. If Tinsley could only defend, it would be a no brainer to start him.

Well now it all makes sense. So you're judging Marvin's NBA passing career by his first 6 games with the Jazz?
For one thing, Corbin doesn't know how to use Marvin yet and he's still creating opportunities for himself and his teammates.
Marvin has always been known for his passing out of the post, and scouters have been saying that for years.

Marvin's career assist numbers are atrocious. We're finding out why. And I'm not giving up on him at all. I'd just like to see him used in a way that helps him. Posting him is not a good idea. Neither is telling him to drive or running a PnR with him. But getting him more active cutting to the basket would be a great idea. He won't ever be Ronnie B in that department, but he could probably be effective.

Tinsley was a breath of fresh air to watch, and it's something the Jazz only wish they could get on a consistent basis. It's unfortunate that Tinsley isn't still a little younger, and had more in the tank.

absolutely. i thought it was clear last year that he was a far more steady option than earl to be backing up at the point.

had a really solid game stepping up to start last yesterday. needed to hit at least one of those wide open looks but he usually does alright in that department. a couple of poor turnovers as well but overall very happy with that performance out of our backup pg.