What's new

Game Thread: Jazz @ Clippers 11/3/19 19:00 MST

We couldn’t have attained him and Bojan.
Bojan is nice but I'd rather have Brogdon and Portis. Not better players, but better fit. Portis can secure boards for us without giving up too much on shooting. He is terrible on D but we have enough pieces to cover him on that. Plus he actually has all the physical tools to be a solid defender, unlike Bojan. He's just been thrown into way too many toxic environments that had no regards to winning basketball

Last edited:
Bojan is nice but I'd rather have Brogdon and Portis. Not better players, but better fit. Portis can secure boards for us without giving up too much on shooting. He is terrible on D but we have enough pieces to cover him on that. Plus he actually has all the physical tools to be a solid defender, unlike Bojan. He's just been thrown into way too many toxic environments that had no regards to winning basketball

That’s fair but we have zero idea if Brogdon would have signed here so discussing it as if we could’ve gotten him is sort of an act in futility.

I know it is still earlier and probably too soon to evaluate the team. However, the rebounding and turnovers are bothersome. Our offense has been inconsistent and the Jazz have struggled at times with the same things they did last year which is missing open shots. Jazz need a better PF. I love Oneale but he is playing out of position. His defense is great but his offense has been invisible for the most part. He should be coming off the bench and not starting at PF. He is 6' 4". DM and Bogy are the guys who can create their own shots. Conley is a mess. Except for one game he has been horrible. What is shocking is how bad his passing is. A lot of his shots rim out because he puts too much spin on the ball. I am hoping that he will improve because the Jazz NEED him to be more efficient and score about 18 pts 6-8 assists a night.