What's new

Game Thread - Jazz @ Pistons 5 PM MTN

It was due to the injuries. And to a lesser extent Mitchell and Rubio getting acclimated to the team. It was clear that we were going to take off after Gobert came back because the team was beginning to gel well and figure things out.

Also didn’t hurt that the schedule went from cut throat to powder puff at the same time. This year when the schedule gets really easy after being cut throat we don’t have to finish 29-6 since we are 8-10 games ahead of last years pace.

Missed today's game, great results for a back to back on the road, pistons are pretty ok this season too.

Hope Thabo recovers quickly his play has been a good spark of late.

It was due to the injuries. And to a lesser extent Mitchell and Rubio getting acclimated to the team. It was clear that we were going to take off after Gobert came back because the team was beginning to gel well and figure things out. Me and Infection both kept saying it. It was clear that we just needed the defensive anchor.

It's not the schedule. It's been really difficult this season but its not why we're losing. We're losing because both our offense AND our defense have declined from where we were last season. Our offense completely disappears at times and unlike last season our defense isn't good enough to carry us to wins anyway. We are going to lose to plenty of really bad teams going down the stretch. The first half of both the Cavs and Pistons games should make that apparent to everyone. When we are playing bad basketball it is REALLY bad basketball.

I just don't see how we go on a run like last year unless we make a major trade or miraculously play like last year with no warning. We look like a borderline playoff team instead of the contenders we expected to be.
Lol. We actually have proof that the injuries weren't there only reason for our early season struggles last year. You can actually use the internet to go back and see our record and stats before gobert got hurt last year.
Spoiler alert, our record wasn't good. Neither were our stats.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Lol. We actually have proof that the injuries weren't there only reason for our early season struggles last year. You can actually use the internet to go back and see our record and stats before gobert got hurt last year.
Spoiler alert, our record wasn't good. Neither were our stats.

Yes, but that was because of the roster changes as in:
1. Adjusting to no Hill
2. Adjusting to no Hayward
3. Adjusting to being lead offensively by a rookie
4. Adjusting to Rubio

You (and sandman) are one of the best posters on this site. We all make mistakes.

Are you a newer poster or just changed your name? You have a great online personality.

Pretty sure sandman is new. He is awesome too. Provides great info/stats/knowledge.

Nice to have a few great newer guys with all the stupid Aussie X fans that have been ****ing this place up lately.

Appreciate the love, it's nice to have a place to talk about the Jazz where people actually watch the games

Yes, but that was because of the roster changes as in:
1. Adjusting to no Hill
2. Adjusting to no Hayward
3. Adjusting to being lead offensively by a rookie
4. Adjusting to Rubio
Ok so not just injuries. Like I was saying.......

Was at a bar for the NFL playoffs...

Exum got hurt I take it?

Yeah, he stepped on Favors foot and sprained his ankle. After the game Tony Jones said there's no word yet on the severity of the sprain.

Managed to find this and reports that he walked off the court gingerly. My guess will be a couple of weeks, didn't look super bad but it was a good enough tweak to keep him out 5 - 10 games or so.

Sucks for the dude, he's been leading the bench unit and sparking Jazz comebacks after the initial slow start in a number of games lately before the starters would come back in and continue the momentum. Be good to see where Neto is at as a silver lining.