What's new

Game Thread - Jazz @ Trail Blazers 8 PM MTN

It’s one of the top few threads in this forum. Keep looking. I know you can do it.

Also, I really hope Ricky going off changes the defensive strategy for Portland on Christmas. Kind of like Russell Westbrook’s “Gonna shut dat **** down next game doe. Guarantee it.” I smell a big game from Donovan and Rudy if they put all defensive pressure on Ricky, Jae, and Korver.
I’m just hoping we have “good” Rubio for the rest of the year. He was a force of nature last season in the run up to the playoffs. Hopefully he has a repeat performance.

Getting improved play from Rubio, Mitchell and O’Neale would be HUGE for this team moving forward.

En realidad, el Jazz necesita intensidad defensiva y buena energía y movimiento ofensivo; Armonía, fluidez.
Estoy convencido de que los tiros caerán dentro con esta buena dinámica de equipo. Todos tienen que involucrarse y hacerlo posible a través del esfuerzo y el sacrificio. Tienen que dar su máximo por hoy para que los fans tengan una buena Navidad.
Vamosssss

And many jazz fans here thought Mitchell should have been the ROY the last season. LOL.

Simmons is getting better all the time ( much better fg%, free throw %, much more aggresive and positive in offense) and mitchell is getting worse this season.
The nba made absolutely made the right decision by awarding the ROY to simmons.
No doubt Ben Simmons is alot better. All these other people have to do is open their eyes. Unfortunately most fans have their eyes shut whilst watching the game lol

He really does seem unguardable at times

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

When he sometimes shoots off the dribble he doesn't even square up - he shoots from his side and the ball looks like it's on a string when he goes through the hoop. It's an unguardable shot. Kind of crazy to see him taking these wild shots in his 'old age' but when he's on he hits them.

Lol so Jazz, UtahJazz, Vossy, and Sandman all with little to no post all decide to come here and spout insecurities about Mitchell at the same time frame. Hm.

Glad this forum has a great ignore feature.
Just stating the facts.....

You guys that actually think Mitchell is the savior for the Jazz are kidding themselves.

Mitchell will be traded before his contract is up, especially once they realise a volume shooter doesn't help them actually win.
So many volume shooter type players change teams regularly.

For all the **** Rubio gets for his shooting on this forum.....

The Rubio haters might want to take a look at the stats this season.

Rubio and Mitchells fg% is pretty much the same now, with Rubio actually having quite a bit better 3pt%.

So Mitchell's main strength is supposedly his shooting / scoring he's doing a pretty **** job of it.

No doubt Ben Simmons is alot better. All these other people have to do is open their eyes. Unfortunately most fans have their eyes shut whilst watching the game lol
Most fans are fans...

For all the **** Rubio gets for his shooting on this forum.....

The Rubio haters might want to take a look at the stats this season.

Rubio and Mitchells fg% is pretty much the same now, with Rubio actually having quite a bit better 3pt%.

So Mitchell's main strength is supposedly his shooting / scoring he's doing a pretty **** job of it.

Yeah so context is everything. Ricky nearly always has a wiiiiide open shot because other teams leave him. Every other team now is scheming for Donovan specifically. it’s a ridiculous comparison

I've got to say, one of the things that was so impressive about Mitchell last year was his ability to learn and adjust.

I think the issues were easier last year, but I still think we have a player that learns quickly and has the tools to adjust. But the problems are on an entirely different level this year. It isn't going to be a three game cycle, it's gonna be something he's gonna have to work on this entire season and hopefully he's partially there for the playoffs. But I expect third year Mitchell to be something different than what we're seeing now.

He is the focus of the opposing defense. There is an entire team of NBA talent, along with their entire coaching staff and hundreds of hours of video being used to figure him out and shut him down. It is working a lot of the time. But he is learning from each game and if last year is any indication, he's an exceptional learner. He'll figure out how to get past this and be a primary scorer on a very good team. It just might not happen as soon as we all want.

Yeah so context is everything. Ricky nearly always has a wiiiiide open shot because other teams leave him. Every other team now is scheming for Donovan specifically. it’s a ridiculous comparison
Good luck explaining that. It’s like the guy on Spinal Tap asking the guitarist if his amp that goes to 11 is just simply the same as one that goes to 10, but he’s having none of it.

I've got to say, one of the things that was so impressive about Mitchell last year was his ability to learn and adjust.

I think the issues were easier last year, but I still think we have a player that learns quickly and has the tools to adjust. But the problems are on an entirely different level this year. It isn't going to be a three game cycle, it's gonna be something he's gonna have to work on this entire season and hopefully he's partially there for the playoffs. But I expect third year Mitchell to be something different than what we're seeing now.

He is the focus of the opposing defense. There is an entire team of NBA talent, along with their entire coaching staff and hundreds of hours of video being used to figure him out and shut him down. It is working a lot of the time. But he is learning from each game and if last year is any indication, he's an exceptional learner. He'll figure out how to get past this and be a primary scorer on a very good team. It just might not happen as soon as we all want.
I think one variable in the equation is the way one of his strengths is becoming a weakness. Last year he was always asking everyone how he can improve, and everyone ended up raving about how eager to learn he is. This was one of the things that made him unique in media hype, at least to the degree he would take things. I think after all the hype, he expects himself to rise up and out do himself this year, and he’s feeling that pressure, in addition to being scouted. But he’s doubled down hard on trying to learn everything he can to be better, so he spent time in the off-season listening to a lot of these assbags when he needs to take a step back and not listen to anyone and just go out and be him. There’s plenty of time for listening later. I feel he’s forcing it.

I think one variable in the equation is the way one of his strengths is becoming a weakness. Last year he was always asking everyone how he can improve, and everyone ended up raving about how eager to learn he is. This was one of the things that made him unique in media hype, at least to the degree he would take things. I think after all the hype, he expects himself to rise up and out do himself this year, and he’s feeling that pressure, in addition to being scouted. But he’s doubled down hard on trying to learn everything he can to be better, so he spent time in the off-season listening to a lot of these assbags when he needs to take a step back and not listen to anyone and just go out and be him. There’s plenty of time for listening later. I feel he’s forcing it.
Kobe's video was the worst thing to happen to Mitchell. He instinctual touch for the game has kinda disappeared since then. The young grasshopper needs to look within again. **** Kobe.

Ben Simmons at half time. 12, 7 &4. Shooting 5/6 from the field. That's what I call efficient