What's new

Gamestop and The Stock Market

And it isn't to feed they families... its to buy their 4th vacation home and buy that super yacht they have had their eye on.

If they want to stop this then make it illegal to short the market.

Oh don't worry they're going to shut this down quick. The SEC is already in panic mode.

If for no other reason that it illustrates to the rest of the public what a sham the markets have become.

Oh don't worry they're going to shut this down quick. The SEC is already in panic mode.

If for no other reason that it illustrates to the rest of the public what a sham the markets have become.
Agree... they will figure out some bull **** bail out for these assholes too.

It likely all loses steam real quick but it’s funny for now.

This is all nonsense and I hope all these 20 year old tools go to prison. One, it’s illegal. Stock market manipulation is illegal. It’s always tough to prove but don’t kid yourself, it’s illegal. Now, I no one feels sorry for a rich person. I surely don’t. And I know they manipulate the market all the time but they do it in much more subtle ways that for the most part doesn’t affect you or I. They also aren’t shorting great companies. The stocks are shorted for a reason. They’re not particularly strong.

These kids on the other hand are doing it to make money sure, but are doing it moreso to shove it to the “boomers.” Their words, not mine. Go on Reddit or TikTok or any of these sites and their rhetoric and purposes are quite obvious. These (hedge) funds collapse, it’s not only the Steve Cohen’s (really his protegé) of the worlds who suffer. It’s everyone else whose money and life savings are tied up in that company’s investments. Knowing that, I’d actually think a great lawyer could argue it’s a form of domestic terrorism. It is quite literally an attack on people.
lol shut the **** up

That they have.... which leads me to a very important question...
Being in the financial services industry, how much attention do you pay to P/E Ratio these days?

If you're a Gamestop employee somewhere at the corporate level in a mid-level position who got stock options as part of your package/yearly retention, you've probably broken your mouse button trying to sell so fast.

Wes, I've been in financial services for over 20 years. Billionaire hedge funds get together all the time and collude to short sell companies out of existence. In the battle of lesser evils it's not even close.

Yeah, they are mostly struggling companies; but they're often companies with thousands of working class to middle class jobs behind them and Wall Street gets rich by accelerating their entry into the poor house.

That’s a good point and I’ll adjust my opinion. But as I mentioned, wouldn’t shutting down this hedge fund potentially **** tens of thousands out of their life savings? I’m just asking.

Also, and like I said, I’ll agree my take wasn’t very good, but this is just a microcosm of Generation Now to me. I want this now and I deserve this now so I’m gonna do something about it. Take it. Whine about it. Scream from the hilltops. Idk.

If you're a Gamestop employee somewhere at the corporate level in a mid-level position who got stock options as part of your package/yearly retention, you've probably broken your mouse button trying to sell so fast.
It’s going to $1,000... I’m waiting at least until Friday and trying to ignore the fake news. I don’t think the funds have settled their shares like they claim and are trying to scare people into selling.

I do imagine some 15 year old who’s dad was teaching them about investing bought like 100 shares at $3 a share cuz dad wanted to teach him about stocks... wakes up and has like 5k... that kid thinks he never gonna have to work.

Honestly, I’m probably most pissed because the markets been down and hurt my **** the last couple days. I was killing it before this.

@candrew

Give me your best investment right now I should buy!!!

I’m in ARKK (first got in at 51), ARKG, FIVG, DKNG, JD, BAC as well as CCIV which I pray merges with Lucid Motors as I’ve read everywhere and am taking a shot on. Also have lesser amounts on NIO and a couple other things.

I like the ARK’s and FIVG as they’re etf’s that target industries that should explode or continue to explode over the next 5-15 years. My next moves were going to be either a Grayscale crypto etf, a cybersecurity etf, another ARK, or one of a few stocks.

That they have.... which leads me to a very important question...
Being in the financial services industry, how much attention do you pay to P/E Ratio these days?

TBH I manage my company's IPO Desk - my bread and butter is small to mid-size banks and insurance companies looking to go public (demutualizations).

I'm not in the investment sector - I like having a life, lol.

It likely all loses steam real quick but it’s funny for now.

The best part is these Kudlow and Stephen Moore types on CNBC right now screaming their heads off for the government to step in and regulate this. They're also insisting on bail outs for these hedge fund companies (at least one) that are now on the verge of bankruptcy.

The investment class has completely abandoned the notion that these high risk investment entities should be eliminated for poor decisions/management.

The best part is these Kudlow and Stephen Moore types on CNBC right now screaming their heads off for the government to step in and regulate this. They're also insisting on bail outs for these hedge fund companies (at least one) that are now on the verge of bankruptcy.

The investment class has completely abandoned the notion that these high risk investment entities should be eliminated for poor decisions/management.
They took crazy risk that seemed smart... there is always a black swan event waiting out there for you. Sorry you doubled down when you should have cut bait... why should they get a bail out. If they killed short selling years ago these seem assholes would be screaming for free trade.

They just shut down the WSB reddit. Really sad how powerful they are and they still getting their asses handed to them by some random dudes loosely organizing.

I'm most intrigued by the real big boys not just letting the mid-size hedge funds get run over here on GME and moving on. Seems the easiest fix from Wallstreet's end, I don't see anything outside of GME near those levels of shorts, doesn't seem all that replicable.

That’s a good point and I’ll adjust my opinion. But as I mentioned, wouldn’t shutting down this hedge fund potentially **** tens of thousands out of their life savings? I’m just asking.

Most retirement accounts available to middle-class people are investment accounts. They might buy too heavily into index stocks, but they are not shorting stocks and taking similar risks. To play that game, you need to have some money you are willing to burn. The fund might wind up shorting for 1.5B and paying another 0.5B in interest before they resolve their position, to make 3 or 4B. This is not middle-class retirement accounts being used (at least, it's not supposed to be).

LOL, absolutely rocketed up to $468 for a five minute period today before retreating when everything got locked down. Most brokers are now restricting the trade including Robin Hood where I sold my free Gamestop stock yesterday. Talk about a surefire way of pissing off your consumers.

This should be a wake up call on how much stock market manipulation and indirect insider trading really occurs. I know, I shouldn't have sold and should have held the line to teach the cronies a lesson.

The Do Not Sell memes are all-timers.

Last edited: