What's new

Gamestop and The Stock Market

Interestingly this article (from the NASDAQ no less) seems to confirm that GME is shorted ~120%

Interestingly this article (from the NASDAQ no less) seems to confirm that GME is shorted ~120%

There was an s3 report that said something contrary that concerned me. No doubt these guys are controlling things but I have no idea what to really believe. The silver stuff is interesting too... WSB was clearly not in on that... yet every news story indicated otherwise.

This **** really just shows me how screwed up things are. Imma bury money in the backyard like my great grandpa did... that seems like the only rational choice.

Not as long as we thought! :D
I sold at the S3 news... real or not it was clear they would play as much funny bizness as they needed to. I came out even on my stonks... slightly positive because of AMC dips and peaks.

Was a fun few days and I learned a bunch of ****.

I sold at the S3 news... real or not it was clear they would play as much funny bizness as they needed to. I came out even on my stonks... slightly positive because of AMC dips and peaks.

Was a fun few days and I learned a bunch of ****.
Same! At least, as far as the learning. I rode it out for a little longer than you, but in the grand scheme of things the money I didn’t recoup from my investment was fairly miniscule, and it gave me a front row seat and lesson on a few things.
Was a very interesting few weeks.

There was an s3 report that said something contrary that concerned me. No doubt these guys are controlling things but I have no idea what to really believe. The silver stuff is interesting too... WSB was clearly not in on that... yet every news story indicated otherwise.

This **** really just shows me how screwed up things are. Imma bury money in the backyard like my great grandpa did... that seems like the only rational choice.
BTW, never addressed this....

FTEC has taken me sooooo far over the last 4-5 years. Like, bigly. It is a bit risk mitigated, but the growth has been phenomenal and regardless of what happens with Big Tech, I think it will continue to do well as tech is here to stay as the basic staple commodity investment.

But ya... I’m focusing lately on things a little more sustainable as I am getting older.
SCHD is my latest safe indulgence :)

BTW, never addressed this....

FTEC has taken me sooooo far over the last 4-5 years. Like, bigly. It is a bit risk mitigated, but the growth has been phenomenal and regardless of what happens with Big Tech, I think it will continue to do well as tech is here to stay as the basic staple commodity investment.

But ya... I’m focusing lately on things a little more sustainable as I am getting older.
SCHD is my latest safe indulgence :)
The recovery has been pretty amazing in the market... I'm waiting for a big correction/crash at some point. Market can't be this far detached from the economy imo. I know the market is not the economy but the complete disconnect is wild.

I was almost gonna go into a trading system with oh 7K and do combo intraday bets where my loss and profit is within reason, but I am out of the market except for few old stocks, a hundred shares of a mining stock.

What I hear on the news is that the populist market pushers are actually owned through third parties by the Bigs. Way to cover your bets, for sure.

No such thing as Robin Hood today, no noble savages coming outta the woods to make the world right. Just double double mind games all around, and them that's got the gold makes the rules.

GME burned today and fell below $100. My guess is the plummet will continue, but the war will wage on.

GME burned today and fell below $100. My guess is the plummet will continue, but the war will wage on.
They lost all momentum. I think they pushed the covers out through price ladders and other shenanigans. I would have stayed in if I thought there was any semblance of a fair fight but its clear they will push it out further than the momentum will carry.

Daaaaannggggg...Down to 56 dollars. Wonder if DFV is still holding. Dudes lost a ton.
Maybe he’s lost some but we don’t really know what he sold and what he didn’t... screen shots are likely fairly easy to reproduce. He will still kill it and will make a bunch on the movie and story stuff that will follow. Don’t worry... his wife’s boyfriend will have plenty of tendies.

Not sure anyone caught the hearing or the excerpts today but it was high comedy. Roaring Kitty continues to cement himself as a ****ing legend and the politicians exposed how little the understand about this ****.

Vlad had a low key great moment too... someone had him cornered when he said they made mistakes and asked him over and over what mistakes he made... he finally answered “we are always trying to improve” that is the equivalent of answering the job interview question of “what are your weaknesses?” with a “I care too much” or “ I work too hard” type of answer.

Thought this summed it up
Screenshot-20210219-150945-Reddit.jpg

Not sure anyone caught the hearing or the excerpts today but it was high comedy. Roaring Kitty continues to cement himself as a ****ing legend and the politicians exposed how little the understand about this ****.

Vlad had a low key great moment too... someone had him cornered when he said they made mistakes and asked him over and over what mistakes he made... he finally answered “we are always trying to improve” that is the equivalent of answering the job interview question of “what are your weaknesses?” with a “I care too much” or “ I work too hard” type of answer.
I'm waiting for details to come out on the hedge fund on hedge fund violence behind this. WSB was a fun story but what many of them don't realize is they were most likely
Not sure anyone caught the hearing or the excerpts
willing tools in a great wealth transfer from billionaire to billionaire. I have a feeling it took a whole lot more $ than an internet forum to push a short squeeze like this.

Claim is out now that the halt in trading was actually triggered by market rules. Something about margin requirements.

Gave the Bigs time to cover.