What's new

GAMETHREAD: Jazz hosting Lakers - 1/16 7pm (mst) ROOT

Jamezz

utah-jazz-logo-wallpaper-1024x768.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

is-really-smiling-pile-poop-make-your-iphone-tell-you-meaning-emojis.w654.jpg

--- CAUSE' THERE'S JUST NO OTHER WAY AROUND IT ---

Win/win situation. It's always fun to watch Kobe lose, but Utah could be the team that bumps the Lakers out of the bottom 5, so they lose their pick by one spot. That would be kinda awesome, tbh.

Hopefully the Lakers 'bandwagonism' has dropped. So annoying to see all the yellow in our house.

Even though he's not playing tonight, this still seems relevant:

EDIT:

I removed the video since there is a little bit of swearing near the end, but if you haven't already, find Kobe Bryant Let It Tank on youtube.

Even though he's not playing tonight, this still seems relevant:

EDIT:

I removed the video since there is a little bit of swearing near the end, but if you haven't already, find Kobe Bryant Let It Tank on youtube.

LOL, 1st time I ever watch that, I admit it was pretty well done.
It must be a very sad life to be a Lakers fan these days :D

LOL, 1st time I ever watch that, I admit it was pretty well done.
It must be a very sad life to be a Lakers fan these days :D

But at least they can look back at the numerous championship years. The best we Jazz fans can look back on is coming up short in the Finals.

I am so ready to watch Gobert and Favors literally decimate the lakers front court. I say 13 blocks as a team and Gobert gets 8 of them

Gobert: 13 points, 12 rebounds, 8 blocks, 2 assists and a steal

Favors: 24 points, 11 rebounds, 2 blocks, 1 assist and 1 steal

Jazz win by 19

GO JAZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jazz shooting guard Rodney Hood has been upgraded to questionable for Friday's game against the Lakers, the team announced. Hood, who has missed Utah's last seven games, was originally listed as out while dealing with a foot injury.

Ed Davis is a pretty good player, especially as a backup. Puts up some solid numbers.
Lakers have a lot of backups. This is all going according to plan for them. Theire pick is only top-5 protected, so that is where they'll finish. It's pretty clear the bottom three teams will be NY, Philly and Minnesota. Boston is now tanking hard; they'll get the #4 slot. The Lakers will then need to cross their fingers and hope no one jumps ahead of them in the draft. That's what happened to Detroit last season, IIRC. Cleveland winning the lottery cost them their pick (it was top-8 protected).

As much as I hate LA, I don't want Phoenix getting a #6 pick. They're already good enough.

Lakers have a lot of backups. This is all going according to plan for them. Theire pick is only top-5 protected, so that is where they'll finish. It's pretty clear the bottom three teams will be NY, Philly and Minnesota. Boston is now tanking hard; they'll get the #4 slot. The Lakers will then need to cross their fingers and hope no one jumps ahead of them in the draft. That's what happened to Detroit last season, IIRC. Cleveland winning the lottery cost them their pick (it was top-8 protected).

As much as I hate LA, I don't want Phoenix getting a #6 pick. They're already good enough.

I'd be OK with any team jumping Boston and LA. I want those two franchises to be mired in mediocrity for the next 50 years.

Jazz shooting guard Rodney Hood has been upgraded to questionable for Friday's game against the Lakers, the team announced. Hood, who has missed Utah's last seven games, was originally listed as out while dealing with a foot injury.

It's nice to hear finally just something about him. Though I'd rather just seem them rest him as long as it takes, as this year long term health is more important than anything.