What's new

Gamethread: OKC Thunder @ Utah Jazz. 7PM MST.

Haven't watched a Jazz broadcast this year. Is he really that bad?

He does a lot of things well, but I think I noticed at least 4 or 5 mistakes Boler made tonight. Things like calling the first quarter the first half. Nothing too serious but cumulatively pretty annoying.

Tedosić left the game with a foot injury and looks unlikely to play against us on Tuesday. The Clippers have also opened against the two worst teams in the league so hopefully we give them the reality shock they well and truly deserve.

Not sure it's been mentioned but I was browsing box scores tonight to get a feel for what's going on around the league.

Think about Ricky Rubio.

George Hill: 22 min 1-5 FG 0-2 3pt 2-2 FT 0 Reb 1 Ast 3 TO -8 +/- 4 pts.

Now Mitchell is Vince Carter all of a sudden!

Mitchsanity !!

Good to see Ingles actually take 9 pt attempts tonight. Wouldn't mind if he took 10 a game. How much quicker has his release gotten !!

One bummer tho, i really miss not being able to look up the boxscore and see Russ having gone 17/42 FG's lol

I don't know about that. He's been a net negative so far.

Again, tiny sample size and what have you. I'm excited about him, and I think he'll be a good player. But no, he hasn't been great.

Maybe you didn't mean that literally, but he was +22 in game 1, -3 in game 2, and +3 tonight. Definitely a net positive. Yes, he needs to shoot better but I think a lot of that is nerves.

I'd say he's been great for a rookie so far.

He does a lot of things well, but I think I noticed at least 4 or 5 mistakes Boler made tonight. Things like calling the first quarter the first half. Nothing too serious but cumulatively pretty annoying.

I would argue that he really doesn't do much very well. The most annoying are the things that show he just isn't paying attention to the game or doesn't get what is going on. At one point there was a play where Neto poked the ball loose in the paint. It was OBVIOUSLY Neto, I mean painfully. It went out of bounds and went back to the Thunder. Boler called that Westbrook had lost the ball and it was Jazz ball. Harp corrected him. I just sighed. I mean really man are you even watching the same damn game? This is the stuff that makes me think he just doesn't really even care. He has what would be a dream job for so many and does nothing to improve AT ALL year to year. The skip pass thing is such a joke it is basically a meme now. I so much cannot stand him that I sometimes will mute the TV or computer while watching, but I generally like the sounds of the game, as it is part of the experience. Just cannot stand Boler.

Tedosić left the game with a foot injury and looks unlikely to play against us on Tuesday. The Clippers have also opened against the two worst teams in the league so hopefully we give them the reality shock they well and truly deserve.

Think the Jazz should win that game. 3 days rest and Clippers have a weak homecourt. Blake vs Favors will be a key matchup.

Carmelo was their best offensive player tonight. He was willing to step up and take big shots for them.

He is willing. He is Melo.

But he doesn't have the worst winning percentage for any player in NBA history with at least 50 playoff games, because he plays winning basketball.

I would argue that he really doesn't do much very well. The most annoying are the things that show he just isn't paying attention to the game or doesn't get what is going on. At one point there was a play where Neto poked the ball loose in the paint. It was OBVIOUSLY Neto, I mean painfully. It went out of bounds and went back to the Thunder. Boler called that Westbrook had lost the ball and it was Jazz ball. Harp corrected him. I just sighed. I mean really man are you even watching the same damn game? This is the stuff that makes me think he just doesn't really even care. He has what would be a dream job for so many and does nothing to improve AT ALL year to year. The skip pass thing is such a joke it is basically a meme now. I so much cannot stand him that I sometimes will mute the TV or computer while watching, but I generally like the sounds of the game, as it is part of the experience. Just cannot stand Boler.

Being baseline means it sometimes hard to see things that happen from certain angles that appear simple on a TV broadcast.

Okc tried to put 3 i’s in team melo had as many technical fouls as assist(s). And if you count turnovers, westbrook had another triple double haha

Go AZZ!
Glad I went to the game.

Carmelo was their best offensive player tonight. He was willing to step up and take big shots for them.

Melo.png

That's a lot of unnecessarily long 2s. And 2/8 from behind the arc.