What's new

Garfield minus Garfield

Stickler

https://garfieldminusgarfield.net/

I find this comic so weirdly hilarious. And depressing.

tumblr_lbzt5pdNVT1qz8z2ro1_500.png

tumblr_lbba2dbuhz1qz8z2ro1_500.png

fSymsOGXO5e1b21eU04grdbj_500.jpg

fSymsOGXO5l9t1gisQZ6l8DZo1_r1_500.png

fSymsOGXOn5vupntWCOVhZjQo1_500.png

Sorry Stick.

TULT.

I considered that. But then I started to imagine the delighted faces of Jazz fans all across the country, aglow in the pale light from their monitors, laughing and clutching their sides at the hilarity of Garfield Minus Garfield. I imagined them picking up the telephones to call their loved ones. "Grandma, turn on your computer. Trust me, Grandma, trust me." I had visions of this thread lasting page after page, carrying on for months. I foresaw users of this website quoting their favorite lines to each other. I saw hilarious running jokes based on Garfield Minus Garfield enriching all of our lives, bringing us together, and strengthening our bond as basketball fans, and as human beings. Such, I thought, was the power of laughter.

I have the first 25 books memorized. I think Garfield is one of the funniest/smartest comic strips of all time. That being said, Garfield minus Garfield is just about as stupid as it gets.

I think it would make the point better if the pets were included, but their thought balloons deleted.

I think it would make the point better if the pets were included, but their thought balloons deleted.

Seriously? Most of the hilarity comes from Jon talking to himself and randomly ending up with lasagna in his face. I know a lot of people that talk to their pets. They're all crazy, but still...

I don't see Jon's existential angst as bbeing lessened simply because he's talking to a real cat. The point, supposedly, is that the cat is real but Jon does not know what it is saying.