What's new

Gasol-Millsap trade theory

Wow, didn't know this about Sap-
"Here's a short list of players who have shot more than 50 percent from the floor while tallying at least 2,500 points, 1,000 rebounds and 200 steals over the past three seasons: LeBron James, Dwight Howard and, yep, Millsap."

Hey, if Lakers are desperate enough to trade an amazing player in Gasol for Sap....I'm all for it.

He proposes that the Jazz trade Millsap, Al, and Kanter, and get back Gasol and Kemba in a three way trade with LA and Charlotte.

Just awful.

He proposes that the Jazz trade Millsap, Al, and Kanter, and get back Gasol and Kemba in a three way trade with LA and Charlotte.

Just awful.

We no Lindsay and KOC probably had a good laugh over this. Who wrote the article?

And yet another reason not to spend money on Espn insider. How is it an insider article when it's the writers opinion, or am I missing the boat here?

I have it because I like the magazine, but some of the articles are pretty terrible. Here's the full trade:
Lakers receive: Millsap (1, $8M) Mo Williams (1, $8.5M), DeSagana Diop (1, $7.4M), Raja Bell (1, $3.5M)

Jazz receive: Gasol (2, $19M), Kemba Walker (3, $2.5M), Ben Gordon (2, $12.4M), Earl Clark (1, $1.2M)

Bobcats receive: Jefferson (1, $15M), Kanter (3, $4.5M), Chris Duhon (2, $3.5M), Darius Johnson-Odom (1, $0.5M)

I have it because I like the magazine, but some of the articles are pretty terrible. Here's the full trade:
Lakers receive: Millsap (1, $8M) Mo Williams (1, $8.5M), DeSagana Diop (1, $7.4M), Raja Bell (1, $3.5M)

Jazz receive: Gasol (2, $19M), Kemba Walker (3, $2.5M), Ben Gordon (2, $12.4M), Earl Clark (1, $1.2M)

Bobcats receive: Jefferson (1, $15M), Kanter (3, $4.5M), Chris Duhon (2, $3.5M), Darius Johnson-Odom (1, $0.5M)

Well, the lakers raped the magic to get Howard, maybe they think they should always get ridiculously one sided deals.

I would consider Jefferson and Millsap for Gasol because we'll probably lose them anyway next year, but Enes has too much potential. Kemba may be a good option for the future, but I haven't liked his game so far. He's a bit of a chucker.

So we go from having 4 bigs down to Favors and Gimpy. Pau is on his last legs. Yes, by all means trade for him so we can assure ourselves of a lottery pick!

So in this trade our lineup looks like this...

Favors. ?
Gasol. Clark
Marvin. Carroll
Foy. Hayward
Walker. Tinsley or Watson

Without that trade...

Al. Kanter
Millsap. Favors
Marvin. Carrol
Foye. Hayward
Mo. Tinsley or Watson

Or next year without trade...

Kanter. FA
Favors. FA
Marvin. (I think he has a player option, think he likes it here, and don't think he gets a wow offer from anyone). Carroll
Foye. Hayward
Mo. free agent (I hope)

I say no to this trade.

Left this out...

Next year with trade..

Favors. Minimum Free agent
Gasol. Clark.
Marvin. (we can't afford Carroll, because of Gasol and Marvin opting in, and resigning Foye)
Foye. Hayward
Walker. Minimum free agent.

Gasol eats a lot of cap room.

"Snooki want smoosh smoosh"

South_Park_Snooki_rapes_Cartman.jpg

Bad deal. Jazz deal three starters plus Kanter & Bell (all expiring except Kanter) and end up with $35M in contracts in 2013-2014. Seriously, who made this crap up?

I'm only interested in this if we get an unprotected first from Charlotte in the 2014 Draft. If that doesn't happen then say no!