What's new

gator chomp

1105805_039e_625x1000.jpg

I like your style, troll.

Considering you're from Rose Park, you're used to getting Jimmered aren't you.

The good thing about Gator Chomps, Ute U's and the like is that they are so easily used to mock after the team gets destroyed. I predict some BYU fans will do so in New Orleans tonight.

Aren't BYU and Florida pretty much the same teams personel wise that they were when they faced off last year?

Don't know much about Florida, but if much hasn't changed from last season, I'd expect a similar result. My official prediction: A nail-biter of a game that's decided by 1 or 2 baskets and could go either way.

I now eagerly await the usual suspects to come in with their persecution complex and label me a "hater".

Aren't BYU and Florida pretty much the same teams personel wise that they were when they faced off last year?

Don't know much about Florida, but if much hasn't changed from last season, I'd expect a similar result. My official prediction: A nail-biter of a game that's decided by 1 or 2 baskets and could go either way.

I now eagerly await the usual suspects to come in with their persecution complex and label me a "hater".

Hater..... there, I couldn't let you down.

I do agree that I think it will either be BYU or Florida that wins.
Good call.

BYU is vastly different. No Mike Lloyd, who had 27 in that game. No Chris Miles who started that game. No Tyler Haws who started that game. No Jonathan Taverini. No Brandon Davies who provided depth off the bench last year. Granted, some of those guys are in the addition by subtraction category, but still, the game should look entirely different.

From what I can tell, Florida lost one big guy that wasn't very good and everybody else came back. They look deeper this year, although their starting SG has a bad wheel apparently so that might have an impact.

Florida is the better team IMO.

But BYU has the best player on the court.

Close game.... But it really depends on what BYU's role players give them. Against Gonzaga, Emery, Noah, and even Anderson gave them good minutes. Will it happen again?

BYU is vastly different. No Mike Lloyd, who had 27 in that game. No Chris Miles who started that game. No Tyler Haws who started that game. No Jonathan Taverini. No Brandon Davies who provided depth off the bench last year. Granted, some of those guys are in the addition by subtraction category, but still, the game should look entirely different.

From what I can tell, Florida lost one big guy that wasn't very good and everybody else came back. They look deeper this year, although their starting SG has a bad wheel apparently so that might have an impact.

I completely forgot about Lloyd. Is he playing ball anywhere this year?

From your rundown of what BYU lost, you've actually convinced me to edge my prediction toward Florida. Seems like they bring back a full crop of players with another year's worth of experience playing in the SEC.

Jazzspazz Wrote:
Hater..... there, I couldn't let you down.

I do agree that I think it will either be BYU or Florida that wins.
Good call.

I figured you'd be the first one. Thanks for not letting me down.

My prediction is Florida by 7 in a reasonably close contest. However, I do believe that whoever wins this game will have very little trouble with either Wisconsin or Butler in the next round and sail into the Final Four.

My prediction is Florida by 7 in a reasonably close contest. However, I do believe that whoever wins this game will have very little trouble with either Wisconsin or Butler in the next round and sail into the Final Four.

Dont underestimate Wisconsin. They did beat Ohio State. If BYU's unkwown big men have good games. BYU should prevail

I do believe that whoever wins this game will have very little trouble with either Wisconsin or Butler in the next round and sail into the Final Four.

C'mon man. BYU and Florida are both nothing special and Wisconsin and Butler are both very well-coached and typically very well-prepared. Upsets happen all the time. To think Florida or BYU will cruise past either of these teams is silly.

BYU 82
FLA 70

The Jimmer 40+
Why do I say this? My cousin was at a Best Buy in New Orleans, and ran into Chuck Norris. He asked Chuck what he was doing there, and said he was there for the game. He's there to support The Jimmer, and the Jimmer will not disappoint.

BYU wins by 12 on a last second coast to coast by The Jimmer.

Oh.... and Jimmer will be on the cover of Time next month, this was told to me by a recognized psychic - NostraJimmeras

I see in Jimmer's future 2 big 35ft 3bombs against Florida that set the tone for the game.
The Jimmer will not be denied.... oh and Emery has 4 steals, a decent offensive game, and Abouo goes off for 15+, Collinsworth 10 boards, Hartsock 2 blocks and 4-6 shooting. The clouds part, a shaft of light hits the building, and a real NBA Jamlike cheatcode is assigned to the Jimmer which makes him unstoppable.

Are there any more crazy, absurd predictions I forgot? I'm sure there is more, but I have been tired out trying to defend The Jimmer.

Jimmer stinking up the court. 0-5 on his threes and 5-14 overall. If Jimmer were having even a half decent game they'd be up at halftime. That said, FL is hitting their shots.

All in all I guess being tied at half is pretty good for BYU because they aren't shooting worth crap.

Live by Jimmer, die by Jimmer. That was always how it was going to be. Him shooting poorly and making bad point guard decisions is the double whammy for BYU. Good season though.

Plain and simple...Jimmer lost it for BYU. That and the fact that 3 BYU players decided to watch the ball instead of going after it on Florida's last possession.

Jimmer's going to drive his NBA coach crazy if he doesn't change his mentality. know when to drive the basketball. settled for way too many 3's.

Plain and simple...Jimmer lost it for BYU. That and the fact that 3 BYU players decided to watch the ball instead of going after it on Florida's last possession.

You're absolutely right. He's also the reason they got a bid for the tourney, even with the added teams.

Pretty ****ing cool trade off huh?