What's new

Gauging Interest; Jazzfanz Secret Santa

Harambe

Contributor
Can you believe it's a scant 48 days until Christmas?

This year's gone by so fast. I'm so stoked. I love me some Christmas, and I love me some gift giving.

Who here would be interested in a Secret Santa exchange? I'm a little fuzzy on how we could make this work, and I have exactly asked Jason if I could use Jazzfanz in the title, but the premise would be the same as any other secret Santa - put your name in a pool, someone gets you and you get someone. You then go shopping for them(probably ~$20) and either send them the gift(since not everyone lives in the valley) or deliver it by hand if you can. There may be some international limitations, as shipping to Europe/Middle East is super expensive, but that's part of it too.

Again, this is just putting some feelers out. Please respond with the following:

Would you like to tentatively participate in something like this?

What kind of budget would you be willing to spend?

If your Santee is not very close, how much in shipping charges would you be willing to spend?

What kind of gifts would you send?

What kind of gifts would you want?

In the hopefully unlikely event that a Santa signed up, but was a dead beat and didn't send you anything, what would be the punishment?

No thanks

I hate even buying presents for my wife and family.

I'm definately a bah humbaug scrooge about christmas

Is that a yes?

Lol sorry posted with only reading the title. Now being read em all, i like gift pools but you know i'm in turkey and i dont know the expense of sending it to slc. It might come out harder than i have imagined but if i can afford it i d be stoked to take part.

Lol sorry posted with only reading the title. Now being read em all, i like gift pools but you know i'm in turkey and i dont know the expense of sending it to slc. It might come out harder than i have imagined but if i can afford it i d be stoked to take part.

You're safe so far. Doesn't seem many people are as excited about it as I am. But I'll give it a few days and let you know.

Who do I submit my list to? I can PM you my address. Reno isn't that far to ship for anyone.

Thanks Santa!!!

Def interested!!! Let's say we get a minimum of 10 people for it to work.

This post has been constructed, arranged and transmitted using the JazzFanz mobile app via an Apple branded communication device.

I'll only agree if I'm guaranteed that GF draws my name.

If PKM will drop the spoiled child routine, that'll bring us to four on the first day. I think 10 is a good minimum. So if at least 10 people post here(6-7 more), I'll put it all together before Thanksgiving. That way you'll know who you get, and have time to handle the JFSS before the hectic Christmas month where we all wait until December 20th to buy presents for our families.

addictionary: Do you know if Turkey has an amazon affiliate? Or something similar? A couple years ago I had a guy from the UK I was Santaing, and the price for shipping a box was "special circle of H**l" high. My way around it was give the gifts that I had shored up for him to other people, and then order him a few things from Amazon.co.uk. From there, it was just normal shipping. This could be a way around the idiotic shipping prices, and you could just order from Amazon.com(US site). Even just a Turkish site you frequent that would accept American dollars would work.

I'm all for finding a way to include anyone that wants to participate. May not be an ideal answer, as some foreign JFers won't have the chance for home made goodies, but at least you get included.

Whoa whoa as an orthodox reformed pentacostal jewish baptist Jenovah's Witness, twice removed, I am fully willing to accept gifts, but am unable, religiously, to GIVE any gifts. I am sure you can all understand.

Whoa whoa as an orthodox reformed pentacostal jewish baptist Jenovah's Witness, twice removed, I am fully willing to accept gifts, but am unable, religiously, to GIVE any gifts. I am sure you can all understand.

You got it boss. I'll make sure i get your name and send you something very special.

Sent from your moms room.... While she was sleeping.