What's new

gear down. . .

actusreus

You know, the Warriors got thumped by the Nuggets yesterday, the Wizards destroyed the Thunder, the Magic doused the sizzling Heat, and on Sunday the Nicks beat the Spurs. It's not just us. Teams are sick of a too long season, and we need the all-star break. I'd lay money on Portland beating us tomorrow. But after the break, we regroup and renew our innexorable ascent to, you know, an early second round exit. But still, it's a hell of a lot better than last year! Be happy!

I agree with this except the Portland game. I hope the team sees the break and gets motivated to get some rest after a win. I predict a win in that game and then we come out of the break and get a winning percentage of 76%+ after the all-star break.

The way I see it there is always two teams playing the game. One has to win, why not at least give it an honest effort? Most of the above teams have a cushion, we had something to play for. I really hope Quinn was breathing fire in the locker room after the game letting them know that lack of effort is unacceptable.

I agree with this except the Portland game. I hope the team sees the break and gets motivated to get some rest after a win. I predict a win in that game and then we come out of the break and get a winning percentage of 76%+ after the all-star break.

My hopes are pretty subdued for the Portland game. On one hand they are an awful defensive team, but on the other hand when we are down on ourselves offensively it seems like anyone can guard us.

Portland will be tough only because they're another one of those teams with a lightning quick PG that can score at will against us...bascially our achilles heel.

Portland will be tough only because they're another one of those teams with a lightning quick PG that can score at will against us...bascially our achilles heel.

And athletic "stretch" 4's (though those dudes arent really shooting well this year for them, but will almost assuredly hit all their open shots against us).

Two years ago, with an inferior and less experienced squad, we went on a huge tear to close the season. I'm not saying that will repeat itself, but if you imagine closing out the season anywhere near that two years ago, with a 34-22 preceding it, people wouldn't be talking about whether we'd win a title and repeat, but how many times? We're talking a minimum 8-peat. Instead, in spite of having the least flawed team in more than 15 years, we're all kicking around here, bemoaning the perils of our fandom because we're "a .500 team" and how our combo "isn't getting it done." Damn. We totally should have traded for Iman Shumpert!

Of course round two exit would make me happy, but the fact that you have the chance to fight for more when you get there is what makes it more exciting.

I post, therefore I am.

I want to see a finish like they had two years ago. That's what the Jazz need. And quite frankly. . . they have more talent and a better bench. The potential is there. Time to seize the moment.

You know, the Warriors got thumped by the Nuggets yesterday, the Wizards destroyed the Thunder, the Magic doused the sizzling Heat, and on Sunday the Nicks beat the Spurs. It's not just us. Teams are sick of a too long season, and we need the all-star break. I'd lay money on Portland beating us tomorrow. But after the break, we regroup and renew our innexorable ascent to, you know, an early second round exit. But still, it's a hell of a lot better than last year! Be happy!

OK but shouldn't the wizard's, nuggets, magic, nicks, and trailblazers be sick of the too long season also?

OK but shouldn't the wizard's, nuggets, magic, nicks, and trailblazers be sick of the too long season also?

I wanted to answer you by saying "No, because all those teams that won, and beat better teams, are just sub-par clubs taking advantage of the fatigue of superior squads."

But then I remembered it was the Clippers and Celtics who embarassed us back to back, and that they're both good teams, and my brilliant and encouraging theory took a dump in its pants. . .

I'm still optimistic :)