What's new

General NFL 2010 Regular Season Thread

Nate505

Modstapo Lite
Staff member
Now I can keep all my rantings and ravings in one place for the whole season! I felt compelled to do so after I was disgusted that I bumped the Vikings/Saints thread up instead of letting it die.

For week 2 so far:

*Favre sucks and should have stayed retired. Before the season started I would have said great win by the Fish, and it may hold up that way, but I'm not sure how good the Vikings will be this year now.
*How on earth did the Cowboys lose at home to the Bears?
*The Bengals/Ravens game was a good defensive battle. I'm always confused if the Ravens offense sucks or if teams just bring their defensive A game to match the Ravens when they play.
*The Browns just got jobbed on a spot on 4th and inches which will probably let the Chiefs win the game

WHO CAN STOP THE MIAMI DOLPHINS??????????????????

#1 DEFENSE BITCHES!!!!!!!!!

Favre three picks, one lost fumble, LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

At much as I hate the JEST I hope they beat the Pats today because NE is our main competition and the JEST are complete crap. I believe NE will trash them though.

Yeah, the Fish made Favre look silly out there. Although his pick in the 3rd as gifted to them. It was just an awful, awful throw. Still, hard to argue with the turnovers they were able to force.

And I'm rooting for the Jets too, although I can think of only two games this year (and maybe their game against Houston) where I can root for them. They should shut up and play until at least they do something memorable in this league.

Yeah we gave them a gift too with those two fumbles! Ricky Williams fumbling at our own two was huge. We could have shut them out if not for that.

And lol @ The Cowboys now 0-2.

My beloved Phins are 2-and-0! However, I feel a little shaky about getting too confident about it. The offense still has a LONG way to go if they are going to beat out the Pats and even the overrated Jets for a playoff spot coming out of the AFC East.

However, that Defense looks SICK! For all of the talk about the Jet defense coming into this season, they may not even end up being the best defense in that division. Biggest addition for Miami in the offseason was adding Mike Nolan as DC.

Is Bruce Gradokowski the Best QB in the NFL? Watch out for the Raiders if we are winning games this early in the year.

This Manning Bowl is one for the ages thus far.

Nice to see the Colts bounce back from a bad week by stomping a mudhole into the Giants. Hopefully they can repeat it next week here in Denver!

Yikes... I'd hate to be the Giant's left tackle in meetings tomorrow with Tom Coughlin....

The OC takes some blame, when you see that your left tackle can't even hold Dwight Freeney for more than a second, you might want to help him out with a TE or RB and at least give Eli another second or two to toss the rock.

I'm always happy to see Favre pad his NFL all time record shattering INT's that can never be broken (remember he broke the INT record well before the TD record) and it's even sweeter when it is my Phins doing so.

At much as I hate the JEST I hope they beat the Pats today because NE is our main competition and the JEST are complete crap. I believe NE will trash them though.

How's that working out for you now Sloanfailed?

Mike Martz will finally turn Jay Cutler into an elite QB. This is the most exciting offense the Bears have had in over 2 decades.

Damn. Favre needs some help. The pick in the 3rd was just an out and out bad decision, however the Harvin pick was more on Harvin batting it up then Favre's throw. I knew going into the season that the O-Line that was exposed by the Saints was in need of some shoring up, but now I think it is our biggest weakness. I don't know, I've never been a big McKinnie fan, due mostly to his attitude. There are rumblings of a Vincent Jackson to the Vikings trade and that can't come quick enough. On the plus side, Peterson still looks like a beast.

I hate every game that comes down to icing the kicker by calling timeout a split second before they snap the ball. That rule really needs to be removed.

I hate every game that comes down to icing the kicker by calling timeout a split second before they snap the ball. That rule really needs to be removed.

They were talking about that this morning on The Herd. I thought Cowherd's take was pretty spot on. Whereas MLB and the NBA are deep in tradition, the NFL actually listens to the fans and attempts to right the wrongs that are exposed as time passes. The NFL attempts to be accepted at face value and does not usually adhere to the slight-of-hand tricks that certain loopholes in rules allow. The icing of the kicker is certainly a slight-of-hand trick deployed by head coaches and is becoming a detrement to most fans, in today's game. That is, unless you root for the Texans.

They were talking about that this morning on The Herd. I thought Cowherd's take was pretty spot on. Whereas MLB and the NBA are deep in tradition, the NFL actually listens to the fans and attempts to right the wrongs that are exposed as time passes. The NFL attempts to be accepted at face value and does not usually adhere to the slight-of-hand tricks that certain loopholes in rules allow. The icing of the kicker is certainly a slight-of-hand trick deployed by head coaches and is becoming a detrement to most fans, in today's game. That is, unless you root for the Texans.

They need to change the rule to "any timeouts cannot be called once the kicker is in his pre-kick position (awaiting ball snap)." I'm fine with it if they call it well before the ball is snapped, but watching the kicker kick 2-3 times and the TV announcers saying "oh wait, that one didn't count.. tee hee" is just ridiculous.

Meh, I love it. The funny thing is Shanny was the first coach ever to employ that trick, and then his former OC used it against him yesterday.

Couple of quick hitter thoughts as well...Nice fake-out by Bironas against the Steelers. Too bad it didn't result in a TD. Jahvid Best is an absolute monster. Granted we're only two games in, but to this point he reminds me a lot of Westbrook in his prime.