What's new

George Hill coming to Utah

I didn't claim to have done some sort of comprehensive study. I believe that you probably know the difference between confident behavior and tentative behavior (for example), but anything can be misinterpreted. Maybe Favors has always been an ultra-confident ultra-passionate guy and I have simply misinterpreted it.

IMO he just doesn't wear his heart on his sleeve like 90% of players but it's there. Kind of like Tim Duncan.

Today is the day that this trade can be announced, correct? Or is it tomorrow the 8th?

Today is the day that this trade can be announced, correct? Or is it tomorrow the 8th?

Yep. Today is the day. I've already seen one officially announced, Thad Young to the Pacers for Caris LaVert and a 2nd round pick. I'm hoping we get the details and official announcement on the George Hill deal soon. I've been intrigued by the Woj tweet when we first found out about the deal that said "other pieces involved". Hoping we get a few more pieces with Hill

It was just officially announced. Nothing stating there was anything else for Utah. In or out.

LOL at the first replies to that tweet

vGJyrAt.png

Lol, at the Indy fans crying he didn't thank Indy in that tweet.

It was just officially announced. Nothing stating there was anything else for Utah. In or out.
This has probably been talked about, but I'm still wondering why we didn't end up with Indy's 20th pick. G Hill seems like a reasonable cost to move from 20 to 12.

This has probably been talked about, but I'm still wondering why we didn't end up with Indy's 20th pick. G Hill seems like a reasonable cost to move from 20 to 12.

Except Indy didn't move up to #12, ATL did.

Except Indy didn't move up to #12, ATL did.
Yeah, I get that, but the 12 was used in the package to secure Teague for Indy. So a way to look at it would be the Jazz trading the #12 to ATL for Teague and then trading Teague for Hill. Just seems like it should have cost Indy additional assets since they viewed Teague as an upgrade. Maybe it's more complicated than that.

Yeah, I get that, but the 12 was used in the package to secure Teague for Indy. So a way to look at it would be the Jazz trading the #12 to ATL for Teague and then trading Teague for Hill. Just seems like it should have cost Indy additional assets since they viewed Teague as an upgrade. Maybe it's more complicated than that.

I suspect that Jazz wanted George Hill all along and Indy wanted a replacement Vet Point Guard. Jazz are probably the ones that brought Atlanta into the picture. I suspect that they were pursuing Teague last year and probably had the deal close, but decided that Hill better fit in their "moneyball" equation, so they took longer to assure they got him instead. It would be interesting to think that if Indy had beat Toronto, would Hill have been available? I don't think he was at the trade deadline.

I suspect that Jazz wanted George Hill all along and Indy wanted a replacement Vet Point Guard. Jazz are probably the ones that brought Atlanta into the picture. I suspect that they were pursuing Teague last year and probably had the deal close, but decided that Hill better fit in their "moneyball" equation, so they took longer to assure they got him instead. It would be interesting to think that if Indy had beat Toronto, would Hill have been available? I don't think he was at the trade deadline.

I think George Hill was vocal (internally, not making public statements) about wanting out of Indy. I believe there was tension between him and Bird. Atlanta didnt want a starting PG, they wanted to get rid of their starting PG to let Schroeder have the lead. I would bet that Atlanta called Utah to pitch taking Hill and us giving them our pick.

I think George Hill was vocal (internally, not making public statements) about wanting out of Indy. I believe there was tension between him and Bird. Atlanta didnt want a starting PG, they wanted to get rid of their starting PG to let Schroeder have the lead. I would bet that Atlanta called Utah to pitch taking Hill and us giving them our pick.
Interesting re Hill.. cos in yesterday's interview it seemed he really wanted to retire at Indiana.

Except wasn't it hinted at that this trade almost went down last year at the deadline? I don't see how the Jazz pick was involved at that point, because it was a serious unknown. I suspect Burks might have been the piece on our end. It seems pretty obvious that the Jazz preferred Hill over Teague as I am sure Atlanta would have preferred sending Teague to the Jazz rather than keeping him in-conference.

Locke likes it...

I don't.

That is extremely disappointing. #12 could be a good player. So yes, we get a good player. But we get a guy who is expiring after next year. Great plan DL. Great freaking plan.

We just gave up #12 for a bench PG.

If it's just#12 for hill that is a bad trade. I assume more picks are involved. Hopefully a future first.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using JazzFanz mobile app

How many #12 picks play more than one year in the league? Because George Hill only has one year left on his contract. #12 for George Hill is just plain bad business.

This trade is absolutely asinine, Very disappointed. Trey Burke status. 100% certainty that years down the line this will look foolish.

This move doesn't make Utah a threat to the top teams in the west. This is a move to appease the fanbase, baby steps type ****.

No way is this anywhere near maximum extracted value for the pick either.. This reeks of Dennis Lindsey playing favorites..

In Utah, Mack averaged 31mpg, 5.3apg, 44%fg, 12.7ppg

Last season, Hill averaged 34mpg, 3apg, 44%fg, 12.1ppg

So how is Hill this massive upgrade over our current 2nd string? The only thing Hill does better than Mack is shoot the 3 (41% vs 36%). #12 could have been a very good player. I guess we really are afraid of grooming another good player like Lyles. Why?

lmao

Reactions: BTP