What's new

George Hill finalizing 1 year deal w/Lakers

Why wouldn't the Kings step in here and offer like 3/45... fox will need help... they need a culture reset. They could decline the salary structure to make it more appealing. The RFA they try to sign will end up getting matched. If he's healthy its a value deal and he's an asset. If Fox is amazing Hill can play off ball too.

...because it's the Kings.

Why wouldn't the Kings step in here and offer like 3/45... fox will need help... they need a culture reset. They could decline the salary structure to make it more appealing. The RFA they try to sign will end up getting matched. If he's healthy its a value deal and he's an asset. If Fox is amazing Hill can play off ball too.

Nah, I dont like Hill for them. They have so many young players, it makes sense for them to go total youth movement.

Lakers really dont have that many young players. I like Josh Hart, but I dont think he is starter worthy. Kings have Fox/Hield as starters and Hill would have to be a backup. Also Fox is way more ball dominant than a guy like Ball.

They signed Bogdanovic as well. Pretty sure they want to start him. Doubt he would take a bench role after winning both the Turkish League and Euroleague with one of the most dominant team in recent history under arguably the best euro coach, Obradovic.

Its a good fit for the Lakers. They get him for one year where and then can dump him. He can help the youngsters and they can try and win as much as possible. They dont have their draft pick so they dont need to tank. He will help space the floor and show some good defense. Not sure why Hill would do this but I guess the market dried up for him.

Its a good fit for the Lakers. They get him for one year where and then can dump him. He can help the youngsters and they can try and win as much as possible. They dont have their draft pick so they dont need to tank. He will help space the floor and show some good defense. Not sure why Hill would do this but I guess the market dried up for him.

Other really underrated part of this: George Hill and Paul George are really great friends.

Maybe they can't land Paul George and Lebron James, but having George Hill on might help them land Paul George. If they can't get Lebron too, they can just re-sign Hill.

They signed Bogdanovic as well. Pretty sure they want to start him. Doubt he would take a bench role after winning both the Turkish League and Euroleague with one of the most dominant team in recent history under arguably the best euro coach, Obradovic.

Yeah, I'm excited for the Kings' future. The West is so dominant they are going to get their asses kicked and get at top 3 pick while better teams out East get better records just because they play in the East.

Other really underrated part of this: George Hill and Paul George are really great friends.

Maybe they can't land Paul George and Lebron James, but having George Hill on might help them land Paul George. If they can't get Lebron too, they can just re-sign Hill.

Ya, there is the Paul George luring, which in turn might also bring Westbrook.

According to Locke, it's the current agent that did this. He's a first-time agent/inexperienced.

Stupid agents and their broken crystal balls, not being able to predict injuries. It was a risk and Hill knew that. That's what happens sometimes when you gamble.

It's funny to me how many people here gripe about the Jazz not taking risks, but then when somebody takes one and loses, time to look for someone to blame, as there's no excuse for anything not working out.

Makes me wonder if people actually know the definition of risk.

When does tony parker's contract end? Perhaps he expects tony to retire and he'll sign with the Spurs next year?

I'm glad that the Jazz didn't reup for him. He's a good player when healthy. However, I have serious concerns over his health. He really seemed to be breaking down last year.

Makes you wonder if he didn't want to be in Utah after all, which doesn't make sense for him having career numbers. Too bad it didn't work out for him. Maybe it was a good lesson for some of the young jazz players that The Jazz try to do right by its players, they aren't trying to take advantage. Anyway, if Rubio is healthy for more than 49 games he's an upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amen. This is on Hill 100%. Agents advise. Players make decisions. And working for one year for 17mil is a nice consolation prize.

Well, not so sure about the 80 vs 17 million consolation prize... ;-)

That being said, I don't feel in the least bit sorry for him. Greedy bugger.

Sac-Town did well in the draft to address this. A Fox/Hield backcourt will be fun to watch