What's new

Georges Niang Dramatic Defensive Plays +/- 2 Tonight Against the Clippers

Is this just counting the good defensive plays or is it netted out against all the times his guy scorches him, or every time he can't make a switch? If that's the case I would bet he'll be in negative territory.

Is this just counting the good defensive plays or is it netted out against all the times his guy scorches him, or every time he can't make a switch? If that's the case I would bet he'll be in negative territory.
Not counting times he gets scorched. Just a good noteworthy impressive defensive play.

I just want to put this out there as a hot take. This would be the toughest team for Niang to guard, so if he does well, then this would make my take the hottest take...EVER!!! :)

He’s looked good in the preseason. Good-to-great on offense. Definitely playable on defense.

We also won’t be depending on him the way we did last year, which is good for everyone.

Glad Niang is on this team, for sure.

It was .5 One good hard foul in the post. But he was ripped off, he only got minutes late in the 3rd.

He’s looked good in the preseason. Good-to-great on offense. Definitely playable on defense.

We also won’t be depending on him the way we did last year, which is good for everyone.

Glad Niang is on this team, for sure.
Time will tell. But he definitely won't be the difference-maker on a championship team. I suppose I'll be happy if he can just hold his own and not be a net negative when he steps on the floor.

Time will tell. But he definitely won't be the difference-maker on a championship team. I suppose I'll be happy if he can just hold his own and not be a net negative when he steps on the floor.
It’s hard to know who all the difference makers are on top tier teams.

Georges is mentioned in soooo many player interviews in response to questions relating to culture and togetherness. Dude might be near Joe- and Favors-level as far as that stuff goes.

I have a hard time building an argument for why he shouldn’t have a spot on a 15-man roster..... and his play this preseason argues for real minutes as well.

Do other teams employ players simply on "joke cutting, ability to get balls busted and roll with it, elite level goofy demeanor and fantastic personal advice giving for his size"?

He can hit the three, which secures his spot. At the same time, he is a smart player and good teammate. Good player to have at the end of the bench. He's cheap and someone who can hold down the fort for brief periods. All in all, we should keep him, just like I think we should've kept Neto. If Whatthe were my Alt, I would've added an f at the end ... well, maybe I should change it, ya think? Ask Whatthe.