What's new

Get Detroit on the Line.

I do think Detroit kind of painted themselves into a corner... Cade, Ivey, Ausar need to be the priorities but you also have AB and Morris in a contract year.... Vets are good for young players until you eff with their money.

Hayes is found money if he comes around...

I'm not sure they would. I don't think adding a meat and potatoes game manager does much to fix our potential (because at this point we still have no actual evidence) issues. Just let Sexton/THT/Keyonte/Dunn cook.
this is likely correct... I just can't get that ugly *** offense out of my head from the first half. Guys were all over the damn place and the timing of everything was awful. Its the smallest of small sample sizes so let it marinate.

I would monitor the situation with Jones and Morris though... they may be good values if we find the roster lacking.

We should all be anticipating the likelihood that this team will have stretches of bad possessions. Hardy has a long way to go in terms of finding the best combos, and the best ways to limit the duration of bad stretches.

The first 30ish games of this year could be especially frustrating if you like watching beautiful basketball. I really hope Keyonte is great and develops super-quickly.

I would monitor the situation with Jones and Morris though... they may be good values if we find the roster lacking.
Here's my thing though, if it comes to the point that you need one of those middling PGs to breakthrough and make the play-in, are you better off just repeating what we did last year and selling off players for more assets and getting a high pick?

The Jazz should be a dominant rebounding team first and foremost.

THT/Lauri/Collins/Kessler are all huge massive athletes who should dominate the boards, that's regardless of who they play at the 2nd guard spot. So even if it's "ugly" basketball, they should be able to be physically imposing.

I think that was the beautiful thing Hardy did last year, he really was able to diagnose the best possible strategy for each iteration of the team. Even when the Jazz were bad and trying to lose, they mostly played well even if it wasnt always great basketball.

Here's my thing though, if it comes to the point that you need one of those middling PGs to breakthrough and make the play-in, are you better off just repeating what we did last year and selling off players for more assets and getting a high pick?
Yeah IDK... if those guys are hindering Lauri/Kessler/Collins etc. from being able to win I'm not sure they will have a lot of value. I think having a guy or two that are managing the game and looking to let the stars be stars that raises a lot of dudes value. I'm not sure how Collins specifically raises his value without a setup man. A lot of Lauri's baskets are assisted... Kessler needs someone that sets him up. It may not end up being a problem but I'm sure its on the radar and if we start poorly I can see a pivot.

Right now is not the time to do it for a middling pg. 25-30 games in if it looks like **** you may get one of those guys to help you diagnose the issue. I'm the tankmaster so you don't have to sell me on the selloff tank if it makes sense.

THT/Lauri/Collins/Kessler are all huge massive athletes who should dominate the boards, that's regardless of who they play at the 2nd guard spot. So even if it's "ugly" basketball, they should be able to be physically imposing.

I think that was the beautiful thing Hardy did last year, he really was able to diagnose the best possible strategy for each iteration of the team. Even when the Jazz were bad and trying to lose, they mostly played well even if it wasnt always great basketball.
In Hardy I trust... so I'm good with a wait and see... just saw the thread and the possible acquisitions and thought Morris would be the best value add for where we are (consider cost etc.)

I also think Sexton/THT might be the worst starting pairing to place with the projected starting frontcourt. Clips a very good defense... so hopefully we have seen the ugliest version of this.

Horizon of how Ainge plays the game:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Horizon of how JazzFanz plays the game:
--

Just get someone who can actually run a team and get the ball to guys in their spots.

That would be a massive improvement.

We averaged 118 ppg last year without mike conley. With these same guys leading the way.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

That would be great, but in the meanwhile incompetent PG play is a big risk to take. Might make Lauri want to go somewhere that can make him excel. Might deter the development of young players. Might make THT think he deserves to shoot the ball more. Lots of downside. Rockets last few years is what you get when you don't have a actual distributor... ugh

Did lauri suck last year when sexton, tht, and dunn were running tbe show? Quite the opposite. He was amazing with these guys running things and so was the offense overall

This. Great post

Did lauri suck last year when sexton, tht, and dunn were running tbe show? Quite the opposite. He was amazing with these guys running things and so was the offense overall

He did have a bad 3P streak towards the end but that was hardly the guards fault as his widen open shot% dropped as well and it started before Conley was traded if I remember correct.

But other than that he was still scoring in bunches.

We averaged 118 ppg last year without mike conley. With these same guys leading the way.
Oh yeah, I forgot one small requirement:

Play at least some perimeter defense.

(Implying that we were in any way a good NBA team in the 2nd half of last season is certainly a creative bit of revisionist history. We sucked.)

Oh yeah, I forgot one small requirement:

Play at least some perimeter defense.

(Implying that we were in any way a good NBA team in the 2nd half of last season is certainly a creative bit of revisionist history. We sucked.)

We were trying to suck. Look at the first half of last season when conley was still on the roster but out with injury. We didnt lose a beat. Just pointing out that our offense was awesome last year with tht, dunn, and sexton running the show.
I know that doesnt matter to you because you tend to ignore anything positive but it is factual.