What's new

give enes kanter dnp-cd

berkkobe

yes.

i'm sure his shoulder isn't ok right now. He can't box out, he can't even dunk. he KANT. he needs some rest or therapy.

we are tanking this season so enes or not, we lose games.

discuss

I would think he should be given some dose of intimidation that he is always open in the line of sitting in the bench or even given "did not play-coach's decision" status games; but I do believe Kanter in character is a hard-worker and a person that really does not accept losing. So given the knowledge of him having some serious trouble having some decent level of serious basketball experience, we shouldn't sit him as a punishment, except for the parts that when just like any player could have, if he is having his down night, he should obviously sit. A good example is the 1st quarter of the Warriors game. Other than that, I don't think Kanter is the type that gets lazy on effort just because he got his new job secured in the starting line-up. Above all, he was never a good dunker in contested positions. His miss last game was a clear foresight to me since we have seen worse of him. It was just stupid of him to try that, that is all. He was acting careless, no not careless, maybe more like acting without thinking, not using his smarts. And he must remember that using his mind in the game, try to read the game, see the teammates' movements, eye-contact etc. are far more important to him than anyone on the court since he is the lowest level of experience owner which makes his basketball IQ not as high as his agent pumped to the media.

But if you're talking about a rotation style like in the Knicks in which they start Amare one game and sit him another as a player coming off from injury, then you might have a point. That would at least keep the pressure a little off the 21 year old guy's chest.

Kanter is just not playing well enough to stay on the court so long. That's why he's been not on the floor in 4th quarter in recent matches. His defense is matador type ala Big Al (Pushed easily under the rim, so bad in PnR defense and surprisingly can not take defensive boards). I do not know it's about his shoulder but he's gotta give more effort on the defensive side and let us see score more on the low block instead of camping in the perimeter for sure.