What's new

Glass Half full of Rainbow

Doc Cherno

So we're less Amish at the 3 this year, and that hurts. We're also in real need of more scoring to go along with this new defensive-minded team that should promise lots of games with Y youth league scores. I'm still seeing some room to hope already.

1) With Rubio in and Hill and Mack out, that's a modest improvement at this position. I loved Hill, but he simply couldn't be counted on to stay on the court this year. Rubio's a better defender and facilitator. Plus I expect to see a more stable rotation with Dante and Neto. That's really a nasty little group of defenders.
2) Mitchell and Thabo in here, plus I'm assuming Hood is still in his ascendancy and a healthy Burks I think we've got an interesting group at the 2. This also seems like where our shooting is going to have to come from.
3) Big loss here, but we return Ingles. JJ plays more here this I'm betting. Thabo and Mitchell also spend some time here. Still like to see a move to bring us a scorer here.
4) Favors back. JJ back. Jerebko in along with Bradley and Bolomboy. Lyles gone. Assuming Favors is healthy this looks like a modest improvement at the 4. Boris is possibly still in the fold as well. I'm going to say this is an improved position.
5) Gobert back with more offense in his repertoire and some serious Twitter game. Withey out and Udoh and Bradley in, this is another position with a net gain.

That's 4 out of 5 positions with some improvement. I'm guessing more moves to come, possibly later in the season, too. I don't think this team keeps pace with GS or Houston, but I don't think anyone else does either. Should be fun to watch this team take out its frustrations on the league with swats, steals and deflections.

I like your take except Betrayward's loss is potentially not as big a hit as you think.

For me, it all hinges on Favors. Can he get back to the 2015-16 version of himself? He showed some signs IMO in the playoffs. If so, we get JJ at the 3, and for my $$, he was AT LEAST as good as Betrayward in the playoffs last year. Fewer minutes than Betrayward, but Jingles picks up that slack.

Hood is another x-factor. If he can make that jump, Betrayward's betrayal will turn out to be a net positive. Who wants that clown for that type of hamstringing salary?

There's no way we see Bradley or Bolomboy at the 4 without injuries.

I agree we'll be better (more than modestedly, in my modest opinion) at the point. Mack is add by subtract, Dante should make a jump and Mitchell... I like the pass first pg myself.

Udoh will be an upgrade to Withey, and Rudy will be possessed.

I like your take except Betrayward's loss is potentially not as big a hit as you think.

For me, it all hinges on Favors. Can he get back to the 2015-16 version of himself? He showed some signs IMO in the playoffs. If so, we get JJ at the 3, and for my $$, he was AT LEAST as good as Betrayward in the playoffs last year. Fewer minutes than Betrayward, but Jingles picks up that slack.

Hood is another x-factor. If he can make that jump, Betrayward's betrayal will turn out to be a net positive. Who wants that clown for that type of hamstringing salary?

There's no way we see Bradley or Bolomboy at the 4 without injuries.

I agree we'll be better (more than modestedly, in my modest opinion) at the point. Mack is add by subtract, Dante should make a jump and Mitchell... I like the pass first pg myself.

Udoh will be an upgrade to Withey, and Rudy will be possessed.

With the signing yesterday, I am stoked. I think the Jazz will be damn good.

I think that on defense we are going to be stifling...

We are relying on 3 things on offense... RUBIO facilitating, increased STEALS, and therefore increased PACE! If we hold teams to 95 ppg while increasing the pace, forced turnovers, fast breaks, and reducing the ISO plays to more Euro ball... I think we can replace those 22 ppg.

Jerebko Enforcer attitude and ability to actually hit a three point shot >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dumpster Diver, turnover, can't actually shoot Lyles
Udoh > Diaw
Bradley < Withey for now...
Rubio > Injured Hill, $80 million dollar Hill, and IMHO healthy Hill
Healthy Burks >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Unhealthy Burks
Healthy Favors >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Unhealthy Favors
Healthy Hood >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Unhealhty Hood
Thabo <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Hayward
Mitchell >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Mack

Interesting stuff here folks, but I think we are going to watch steal and block parties every night. I think that Mitchell has a chance to be a starter by the end of the season. This will be a FASCINATING season focused on the 5 D's.

Donovan
Defense
Dimensions
Distribution
Development

I think that on defense we are going to be stifling...

We are relying on 3 things on offense... RUBIO facilitating, increased STEALS, and therefore increased PACE! If we hold teams to 95 ppg while increasing the pace, forced turnovers, fast breaks, and reducing the ISO plays to more Euro ball... I think we can replace those 22 ppg.

Jerebko Enforcer attitude and ability to actually hit a three point shot >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dumpster Diver, turnover, can't actually shoot Lyles
Udoh > Diaw
Bradley < Withey for now...
Rubio > Injured Hill, $80 million dollar Hill, and IMHO healthy Hill
Healthy Burks >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Unhealthy Burks
Healthy Favors >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Unhealthy Favors
Healthy Hood >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Unhealhty Hood
Thabo <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Hayward
Mitchell >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Mack

Interesting stuff here folks, but I think we are going to watch steal and block parties every night. I think that Mitchell has a chance to be a starter by the end of the season. This will be a FASCINATING season focused on the 5 D's.

Donovan
Defense
Dimensions
Distribution
Development

Right, you're comparing Betrayward to Thabo. No brainer. But Bratrayward >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> JJ. Nope. B > JJ, and only cause he's younger.

Donovan
Defense
Dimensions
Distribution
Development

images