What's new

Glass half full or half empty?

Depends on how you look at it. Half empty if you have any type of high expectations for this season. Half full if you believe we have just excelerated our rebuilding of the team by basically 2 seasons. I think it depends on how the draft/free agency goes before we can truly answer this question though.

It really depends on what the glass is full of....

To tell you all the truth I am really excited. We were not going to win the championship this year or the next with the team we had. Now we have two top ten draft picks from this year and will hopefully be adding another this year. We watch sports to be entertained, and I have to say I have never been so entertained by the Jazz than this last month. Its nice to See AK-47 out there "playing" basketball again. Watching that man play basketball is like reading a poem. Devin Harris is a player too. We really got the better deal with this trade.

GO JAZZ!!!!

Trading Deron Williams totally changed the Jazz landscape. We got a much quicker PG than Williams with mostly the same overall productivity, plus a potentially great NBA player who is all of 19. Not a bad days work, I'd say...
The only "untouchables" in my mind going forward would be Favors and Jefferson. Even Harris could get traded, although that seems unlikely... Millsap should go back to the bench as a our designated 6th man, and play some SF against larger, slower SF's as well as against smaller or less offensively skilled PF's... Matching him vs the likes of Portlands Aldridge or LA's Gasol ain't usually gonna yield good results... He's not a great defender, but is better than CJ!!

Trading Deron Williams totally changed the Jazz landscape. We got a much quicker PG than Williams with mostly the same overall productivity, plus a potentially great NBA player who is all of 19. Not a bad days work, I'd say...
The only "untouchables" in my mind going forward would be Favors and Jefferson. Even Harris could get traded, although that seems unlikely... Millsap should go back to the bench as a our designated 6th man, and play some SF against larger, slower SF's as well as against smaller or less offensively skilled PF's... Matching him vs the likes of Portlands Aldridge or LA's Gasol ain't usually gonna yield good results... He's not a great defender, but is better than CJ!!

I agree with you not a bad day at all. I also like your idea's about Milsap playing more at the three, I think he's got the effort and intelligence to make up for speed. Plus he's so strong that he creates the miss match. He's set jump shot is getting lock on too. With continued practice we could see some shots off the dribble. That would really make him a deadly mid-range player.
I think that CJ is showing us flashes of a really great offensive player. I have to remind my self not everyone develops right away, Miles still has alot of potential and I think he's much more valuble then the league does. I wouldnt trade CJ, as he get older and matures he will develop pride and that will teach him defense. I Also like Devin Harris, he's really playing well for just getting to Utah. PG's have a lot to learn and he's picking it up very well. I think it may also be possible to trade up in this years draft. This trade gave us more options than we had, and alot more team potential. I am excited.

Depends on how you look at it. Half empty if you have any type of high expectations for this season. Half full if you believe we have just excelerated our rebuilding of the team by basically 2 seasons. I think it depends on how the draft/free agency goes before we can truly answer this question though.

Yo

What do you think with all of this craziness in the last month?

Great question. I'm going to read hours of Jazzfanz now and see what I can Sherlock up. I'm sure you're on to something... but I'm not sure if there's much around here to go off of.

Ooh, please delete your account and log out of life.

Great question. I'm going to read hours of Jazzfanz now and see what I can Sherlock up. I'm sure you're on to something... but I'm not sure if there's much around here to go off of.

Oof.

What do you think with all of this craziness in the last month?

I still think half full. This team has a lot of young talent to work with, or at least will. I really think Favors is going to be a stud in this league, Hayward will be a solid player, and Harris can at least run the point competently with some more seasoning under this system. A front line of Al and Favors could be spectacular if all the chips fall in the right places. Plus they have a lot of draft picks to work with. I would like to see this team with some of the dead weight removed and if they could ever get a solid 2 guard who could create his own shot.

I still think half full. This team has a lot of young talent to work with, or at least will. I really think Favors is going to be a stud in this league, Hayward will be a solid player, and Harris can at least run the point competently with some more seasoning under this system. A front line of Al and Favors could be spectacular if all the chips fall in the right places. Plus they have a lot of draft picks to work with. I would like to see this team with some of the dead weight removed and if they could ever get a solid 2 guard who could create his own shot.

Gimme the damned keys Nate. You're too something to drive. Gimme them. I've got some thread deleting to do. The sooner the better. Fighting will only make things difficult on you.

Dude take it easy. Seems like you are on blast patrol with new threads you don't like recently.

I've been on this board for 10 years. Had a few different names and you actually tell someone to delete their account? Get with it, I asked a question. I was curious what you thought. If you don't like the thread then don't post in it. We all like the Jazz, that's why we are here but some people police the board because they have no life. It's just ludicrous. This is why I rarely post.

this

The Jazz are intriguing now. A bit unpredictable. There are limitless possibilities for the future all of a sudden.

....Of course, it would be better if Sloan had a few more inventive plays, if Williams committed to staying, and the Jazz didn't give away every wing player who can score. That way, we could have contended this year.

But hey, why look back?