What's new

GLeague Prospects

sonofthebigdog

I haven't followed the Stars that closely but are there any young players that might be prospects for either summer league or training camp. I'm thinking Diamond Stone, Isiah Cousins, Michael Qualls. Anyone have any feeling one way or the other. I know about the two way guys we have but DL is always looking for the next Danny Green.

Diamond Stone is worth further study. He was a McDonald's All American and Isiah Cousins was a late 2nd round draft pick by the Kings. Sort of like Isiah Thomas. I think the Iowa State two way guy is worthy the La Tech guy not so much. James Michael McAdoo on the Clips GLeague team, James Webb III on the Long Island team are worth a trial as well. And don't forget about Naz and David Stockton.

I thought Motley was DL's son's roommate at Baylor. I was curious as to why he wasn't brought to Summer League by the Jazz. Those are impressive numbers.

It's not the DLeague but here is a familiar summer league training camp dude.
In Turkey Washington State’s Brock Motom led Anadolu Efes to a 87-79 win over Tofas as he was named Pro Exposure’s Global POTD for Monday March 26, 2018. In 33 minutes he scored 30 points, hitting 12-14 from the field, grabbed 3 rebounds, and 2 assists. . . . . . . . . MORE

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

The PRO EXPOSURE GLOBAL POTD for March 25, 2018

In Lithuania, former Gonzaga standout, Kevin Pangos led Kaunas Zalgiris to a 85-72 win over Panev?žys Lietkabelis as he was named Pro Exposure’s Global POTD for Sunday March 25, 2018. In 29 minutes he had 24 points, 5 assists, and 3 rebounds with aGame Rating of 34. After 27 games he is averaging 8.9 ppg – 4.1 apg – 1.1 spg in 20 MPG . . . . . . . . MORE

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

clear_dot.gif

clear_dot.gif

COLLEGE WIRE

Thursday March 29, 2018

Performances of the Day

-------------------------------

SCORING

Lamar Stevens led Penn State to the NIT Title in their 82-66 win over Utah with 28 points

REBOUNDING

John Harrar led Penn State to the NIT Title in their 82-66 win over Utah with 12 rebounds

ASSIST

Tony Carr led Penn State to the NIT Title in their 82-66 win over Utah with 14 assists

BLOCKED SHOTS

Lamar Stevens led Penn State to the NIT Title in their 82-66 win over Utah with 2 blocked shots

STEALS

Tony Carr led Penn State to the NIT Title in their 82-66 win over Utah with 2 steals

MORE

SYRACUSE

I’m confused... sonofbigdog already came out as being HT but with a new name because he didn’t remember his password, but is now posting as both and having conversations with himself. Can us bystanders get some clarifications?

I’m confused... sonofbigdog already came out as being HT but with a new name because he didn’t remember his password, but is now posting as both and having conversations with himself. Can us bystanders get some clarifications?
ONE LOVE syndrome?

I thought Motley was DL's son's roommate at Baylor. I was curious as to why he wasn't brought to Summer League by the Jazz. Those are impressive numbers.

Utah HAS to take Bazeley with the top pick in their G League draft right? It presents insane upside value and opportunity. GO JAZZ

Someone explain to me what this means... how good of a prospect is this guy supposed to be? And will he leave the G league in one year to enter the draft? How does this work?

Someone explain to me what this means... how good of a prospect is this guy supposed to be? And will he leave the G league in one year to enter the draft? How does this work?

I may be mistaken so someone correct me but if our G League affiliate drafts him don’t we retain his rights. I live near Cincinnati and I’m telling you this kid can really play. He was projected as a lottery pick for 19 so I just think it’s insane luck we can land a talent of that caliber in a draft that is essentially meaningless any other year.

I may be mistaken so someone correct me but if our G League affiliate drafts him don’t we retain his rights. I live near Cincinnati and I’m telling you this kid can really play. He was projected as a lottery pick for 19 so I just think it’s insane luck we can land a talent of that caliber in a draft that is essentially meaningless any other year.
We only retain his G-league rights. He will spend a year in the G-League and then will declare for the 2019 draft. Wherever he’s drafted, is where he goes. Jazz/Stars just get a chance to work with him for a full year prior to that point. They’ll still have to draft him in the NBA draft if they want him.

We only retain his G-league rights. He will spend a year in the G-League and then will declare for the 2019 draft. Wherever he’s drafted, is where he goes. Jazz/Stars just get a chance to work with him for a full year prior to that point. They’ll still have to draft him in the NBA draft if they want him.
He could pull a Kobe and say he only plays for the Jazz. Then we could sign Vlade to a two-way and send him to Denver.

Utah HAS to take Bazeley with the top pick in their G League draft right? It presents insane upside value and opportunity. GO JAZZ
In all honesty, this could be a HUGE opportunity for both Bazley and for the Stars.

These are exactly the type of “cutting edge” opportunities that a small market franchise like Utah needs to maximize. The Jazz have one of the best International scouting departments in the league. They also have one of the best development coaching staffs in the league. Creating a G-League experience that is highly sought after by the most talented players available would be another big step.

This is such a unique opportunity. It’s unprecedented.

The Stars/Jazz really almost HAVE to draft Bazley, and they should focus on turning the Salt Lake City Stars into a must-watch phenomenon while they focus on developing him.

They have some solid players coming back - Tony Bradley, Naz Mitrou-Long, Erik McRee, Georges Niang, Isaiah Cousins, Diamond Stone and (hopefully) David Stockton. Add in a McDonalds All American strait out of high school, plus a couple of new Utah Jazz rookies from this year’s upcoming draft and there’s some interesting opportunities. Especially with how the Jazz players (Donovan Mitchell in particular) have taken to the Stars players and supported them this past season.