What's new

Glen Robinson III?

Twin Towers

The Timberwolves have waived F Glenn Robinson III to make room for F/C Justin Hamilton on the roster.
Through 25 games with the Timberwolves this season, Robinson averaged just 1.2 points per game on 33.3 percent shooting from the field.
Source: Marc Stein on Twitter
Thu, Mar 05 2015 3:23 PM

Trey's old teammate? Worth a look?

I don't get how elite athletes, with beautiful jumpers, who seem to have a good feel for the game .... completely flame out in the NBA .... I would love to take a shot on him.

I don't get how elite athletes, with beautiful jumpers, who seem to have a good feel for the game .... completely flame out in the NBA .... I would love to take a shot on him.

I don't get that either, but that's certainly not the case here.

I would assume it's because he sucks and they have a lot of wing depth.

I don't get that either, but that's certainly not the case here.

What is not true about it? Granted I haven't watched 1 second of him since he was at Michigan so he could be a moron in the NBA but he is for sure a great athlete with a good looking jumper.

What is not true about it? Granted I haven't watched 1 second of him since he was at Michigan so he could be a moron in the NBA but he is for sure a great athlete with a good looking jumper.

I think you were right on the athletic part but wrong on everything else.

Guarantee we give him a 10-day at least if someone doesn't pick him up.

Re watched his video ... his shot sucks .... I must have been drunked when I watched Michigan. i apologize.

He should have focussed more on playing defense... it's a shoe in to NBA teams this day an age for a wing.

I think we should claim him off waivers. Only has .5 M salary and not much left on that. He has more potential than most D-Leaguers and is in an area of need. Let Quinn see if he can work his magic and make him a steal.

From what I can tell from GRIII is that he looks like a more physically gifted E.Sap without the defensive intensity.

I think we should claim him off waivers. Only has .5 M salary and not much left on that. He has more potential than most D-Leaguers and is in an area of need. Let Quinn see if he can work his magic and make him a steal.

Jazz seem to be done signing wings though. We have been looking at big men and PG's from the D-League as of late.

Also, if we are still trying to sign Pleiss for the season, we will probably want an open roster spot to continue the revolving door of 10 day contracts, so signing GRIII wouldn't be ideal unless we really liked him.

10 day contract to rookie players are 30K, so that is much easier to swallow for Greg than paying a scrub half a million.

Pleiss ain't coming to the Jazz this season, might as well give it a go on GR3 since Lindsey ain't shy about signing players left n' right.

He can't really shoot a lick. Completely failed at stepping up and being "the man" after Trey left was a red flag.

Claim him and send him to Boise. He does play the same position as Hood, Burks, Sap, Jingles. Might not be room here. He must have shown nothing because the TWolves are awash in talent.

Wow. He cost himself big by choosing to play one more year. Wasn't he projected to be a first rounder after playing with Burke?

Yep! I believe he was in some mocks in the early-20s had be not stayed. Wherever he goes, I hope he plays better than he played for the Wolves.