What's new

Glen Robinson III?

I'm in the why not camp. He is skill-less and has little b-ball IQ, but he's got an NBA players body. Bring him in, if he continues to show no desire to develop his game then let him go.

I feel like I should chime in. I watched him while I was at school at Michigan.

Positives: GRIII would always wow the crowd with his pre-game dunks and had many in game dunks that were jaw dropping. Super athletic. Majority of his points were layups, dunks and put backs with the occasional 3. He seemed like a great team guy with a great attitude. Defense was decent as they usually put him on the top player. His athleticism alone made him fun to watch. I'm sure Trey would love to have him be part of the 2nd unit.

Negatives: His first year they played him a lot at power forward with McGary at center which hurt his game a bit. He's obviously a small forward but spent most of his time at the PF position. I have to believe this affected his development. Maybe thats a positive in that he still has a lot to learn and room to grow. A big negative is I don't remember a midrange game. Just 3's and dunks/layups. He couldn't really create his own shot and would disappear for long stretches. Would get pumped after a dunk but overall a pretty laid back kid. Not a lot of tenacity. Was the #3 guy his first year behind trey and hardaway and stayed the #3 guy when they left.

I would take a shot at him. I think he really needs to be in a system to do well and he could use some serious coaching and development but has tons of potential. Yes, the "P" word. DO IT!

GRIII-block-vs-Texas.jpg

I said in the other thread that I'd take a look at him. He's still young and he can develop. I haven't seen much of him, but he could be an insurance policy if he can improve and if Hood can't stay healthy.