What's new

Go get Baynes

Bjelica - a player the Jazz could've easily signed two years ago for pennies - is having a career year in Sacramento. That being said, their front office is a disaster and I don't know what they're doing.

And I would just play him as the backup 5 until or unless something obviously superior came along. In this hypothetical scenario, obviously.
Bjelica would cause a layup line as a backup C. I’m fine with him as a backup 4.

3ktz1u.jpg

Noah Vonleh is another option I'd consider. He makes $2M so salary matching is easy. They might even do a straight swap of Bradley for Vonleh. It'd be nice to see if we could play Tony and see if he is useable or if we can inflate his trade value to the point we could do something like this.

Careful with that. Bradley might be a better player than Vonleh. Bradley is a limited player, but what he does he does pretty well.

Baynes is playing 30 mins a game at Phoenix, do you think he is willing to play 15 mins a game for the jazz ? I don't think so.
Lol i am not talking about baynes but whateves. do you think he will play more than ayton when he comes back? So that 30 min will go down to 15-20 or so.

Sent from my SM-G977N using JazzFanz mobile app

Sure we do.
You want us to trade a 2025 pick? Should we protect it? If so, know that we can’t use a first-round pick until that conveys, which means you’re trading the ASSET of the pick for several years, not just one. Knowing that, would you make it an unprotected pick? That far out? For a 33 year old on an expiring contract having a career season on a mediocre team?

That is simply clown-shoes, desperate non-sense.

You want us to trade a 2025 pick? Should we protect it? If so, know that we can’t use a first-round pick until that conveys, which means you’re trading the ASSET of the pick for several years, not just one. Knowing that, would you make it an unprotected pick? That far out? For a 33 year old on an expiring contract having a career season on a mediocre team?

That is simply clown-shoes, desperate non-sense.

Okay you're right, 2 first rounders it is!

I'm cool figuring out what we have with Bradley and Morgan at the moment. If a screaming deal comes in the door then take it, but I'm not overpaying for Baynes right now... they are starting him over Ayton so its clear where their priorities are.

Also, his shot is so damn unorthodox and ugly that every time it goes in I think its a fluke. There is a sample size there now and I believe its effective, but its so weird that I have an irrational disbelief in it.

I'm cool figuring out what we have with Bradley and Morgan at the moment. If a screaming deal comes in the door then take it, but I'm not overpaying for Baynes right now... they are starting him over Ayton so its clear where their priorities are.

Also, his shot is so damn unorthodox and ugly that every time it goes in I think its a fluke. There is a sample size there now and I believe its effective, but its so weird that I have an irrational disbelief in it.
It’s very odd. Joe’s is too, though. I’m not sure what an “overpay” for Baynes would be. Obviously we’re not giving up a first. And Ayton just came back so I’d assume they start him soon. But come February we need to be making hard inquiries into him or Bjelica or both, then move for Noah/Bogut/Udoh if not. Bradley is bad, though, and when you can’t count on giving Rudy less than 35 minutes against an eastern conference bottom-feeder at home, it doesn’t bode well for the rest of the season.

It’s very odd. Joe’s is too, though. I’m not sure what an “overpay” for Baynes would be. Obviously we’re not giving up a first. And Ayton just came back so I’d assume they start him soon. But come February we need to be making hard inquiries into him or Bjelica or both, then move for Noah/Bogut/Udoh if not. Bradley is bad, though, and when you can’t count on giving Rudy less than 35 minutes against an eastern conference bottom-feeder at home, it doesn’t bode well for the rest of the season.

I want to see Bradley for 5 or so games. It was a bottom feeder but he was going against Drummond for a good chunk of that time and most of his problems were dumb reaching fouls. I don't think he can be great but I think he can be playable/average/better than replacement level. If something better comes up for a couple seconds by all means go for it.

I actually think Morgan can be the backup 5 in the playoffs... as the playoffs move on teams get smaller... I think Morgan may matchup better against bench 5s that we will face than Bradley will.

We should be in the market for a big... but I'm not at the point where I think we need to force it or overpay... Its a need that could be addressed on the cheap.

I want to see Bradley for 5 or so games. It was a bottom feeder but he was going against Drummond for a good chunk of that time and most of his problems were dumb reaching fouls. I don't think he can be great but I think he can be playable/average/better than replacement level. If something better comes up for a couple seconds by all means go for it.

I actually think Morgan can be the backup 5 in the playoffs... as the playoffs move on teams get smaller... I think Morgan may matchup better against bench 5s that we will face than Bradley will.

We should be in the market for a big... but I'm not at the point where I think we need to force it or overpay... Its a need that could be addressed on the cheap.
I wouldn’t consider Davis and two seconds an overpay. I’d even throw another minor asset in there to get it done and still consider it not an overpay.