What's new

Gobert and Kanter in a Microcosm

If the Jazz are going to trade Kanter, they need to get him in top form first, and keep him as a starter. I think the new system has been harder for him to adjust. I still think he has a lot of potential, but he sure has been off since coming back from the ankle injury. I still think with patience he will continue to develop into a good piece on this team. I'd rather have him as a backup then Booker.

ROFL. Is this true? My daughter was screaming for almost two hours but this just made my night. Hilarious.

Can'ter's such a ****ing clown. Go tweet, scrub.

Actually he averages MORE TOs(1.9) than AST(0.6)+BLK(0.4)+ STL(0.4)..

If the Jazz are going to trade Kanter, they need to get him in top form first, and keep him as a starter. I think the new system has been harder for him to adjust. I still think he has a lot of potential, but he sure has been off since coming back from the ankle injury. I still think with patience he will continue to develop into a good piece on this team. I'd rather have him as a backup then Booker.

Enough. Kanter does not need to be a starter. GM's aren't stupid enough to believe that Kanter is better than Gobert because we start him. If we bench him there is a chance that he may perform better, but playing him ahead of Gobert is honestly idiotic. I'm kind of tired of having pansies on the team. If competing with Gobert is effecting his game emotionally, then trade him. That kind of crap can't really be fixed and will bite us in the butt big time once we start getting into the playoffs. We have neither the time nor resources to pay someone on their second contract while simultaneously building their confidence. I get that he is young, but if he can't figure it out with Snyder, who has given him ample opportunities in several roies, who exactly is going to give him what he needs to figure it out? Up until a month ago I was high on keeping him as a backup, but I have soured on that. Give me a slightly less talented dude that brings the passion and nasty every night. I'm 98% sure that Kanter will never be that guy, no matter how little or much is asked of him.

Last edited:
Enough. Kanter does not need to be a starter. GM's aren't stupid enough to believe that Kanter is better than Gobert because we start him. If we bench him there is a chance that he may perform better, but playing him ahead of Gobert is honestly idiotic. I'm kind of tired of having pansies on the team. If competing with Gobert is effecting his game emotionally, then trade him. That kind of crap can't really be fixed and will bite us in the butt big time once we start getting into the playoffs. We have neither the time nor resources to pay someone on their second contract while simultaneously building their confidence. I get that he is young, but if he can't figure it our with Snyder, who has given him ample opportunities in several roies, who exactly is going to give him what he needs to figure it out? Up until a month ago I was high on keeping him as a backup, but I have soured on that. Give me a slightly less talented dude that brings the passion and nasty every night. I'm 98% sure that Kanter will never be that guy, no matter how little or much is asked of him.

I never said GMs would think he is better than Gobert. What a weird inference. However, if he starts and does well against other starters, it can definitely boost his trade value. If the plan is to trade him, then he should start and have plays tailored to make him look good. No need for the team to sell low if they can boost his value. The trade deadline is in a month, so if that is the plan, they need to get moving. If the plan is to keep him as a backup, then have him come off the bench, and hopefully he won't get an obscene offer in the off-season.

Or they can just not trade him and let another team take him this off-season with nothing in return in typical Jazz style.

On another note, I wonder if the Nets would take Enes for Lopez and a pick. With Lopez and Gobert as our front line, watch out.

Gobert's block percentage is 8.4%; next highest in the NBA is Anthony Davis at 6.3%. That's right, Gobert has been a 33% better shot blocker than the next best player this year. That's pretty legit.

I never said GMs would think he is better than Gobert. What a weird inference. However, if he starts and does well against other starters, it can definitely boost his trade value. If the plan is to trade him, then he should start and have plays tailored to make him look good. No need for the team to sell low if they can boost his value. The trade deadline is in a month, so if that is the plan, they need to get moving. If the plan is to keep him as a backup, then have him come off the bench, and hopefully he won't get an obscene offer in the off-season.

Or they can just not trade him and let another team take him this off-season with nothing in return in typical Jazz style.

On another note, I wonder if the Nets would take Enes for Lopez and a pick. With Lopez and Gobert as our front line, watch out.
I actually disagree with this idea a lot. I think that moving Gobert into the starting lineup actually helps Kanter's trade value. It's clear that Gobert and Favors are the future front line for the Jazz. Other GMs will see this. Having Kanter come into the game with the 2nd unit should allow him to focus on being a scorer first, and pairing him with Gobert should help to hide some of his defensive deficiencies. I thought that he played pretty well with Gobert before he hurt his ankle. I'd like to see the Jazz move to a starting unit of Gobert, Favors, Hayward, Exum and Burke, with Kanter being the the top scorer off the bench. Live and die with the future Core, while letting Burke and Kanter hopefully raise their trade value by playing a lot of minutes with Gobert. A strong defensive unit will help both of those guys look a lot better for at least a month.

B7vbHdSCAAAkpj1.png

Hayward: "Wait, why the **** is Kanter coming in the game?"

I also find it amazing how having Kanter in the game vs. Gobert makes Trey Burke go from "Holy **** worst defender ever" to "just kind of bad".

Video of all of Rudy's assists so far:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aT0OtVjY49k

Video of all of Rudy's assists so far:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aT0OtVjY49k

Kinda want to know what the FG% is on dribble hand-offs. Surprised to see how poorly it was defended at times, easy play too.

Kinda want to know what the FG% is on dribble hand-offs. Surprised to see how poorly it was defended at times, easy play too.

Why can't we teach Kanter to run that exact play. You don't need vision or even a lot of talent. Just a big ole body. . .

I thought the same thing. Also realized that both Dante Exum and Enes Kanter look better when Gobert is in the lineup. Think that should be the plan for both of them as much as possible for the rest of this season.

Why can't we teach Kanter to run that exact play. You don't need vision or even a lot of talent. Just a big ole body. . .
Kanter ran the play on the baseline where he would hand off to Burks and Burks would score almost every time. (Last year they ran that play alot)
I loved that play

Kanter ran the play on the baseline where he would hand off to Burks and Burks would score almost every time. (Last year they ran that play alot)
I loved that play

They run it a few times this year too, it worked. Tried to run it with Hay once and it was almost embarrassing. Never saw that play again.