What's new

Gobert currently in 4th place in the NBA's Blocks per game column...with limited minutes.

yamers

ruuuuuudy

ruuuuudy!

it might be time to move Kanter and avoid over paying for a guy who can't guard a corpse on defense.

Yes limited minutes but the games that are really increasing that average are ones where he played 30+ minutes.

Gobert is turning into a monster and now he is showing more than just being a defensive presence. He can steal and assist.

Yes limited minutes but the games that are really increasing that average are ones where he played 30+ minutes.

Gobert is turning into a monster and now he is showing more than just being a defensive presence. He can steal and assist.

It's been three games. You sound like fish with Burks lol. Don't get me wrong, I hope it continues but...

Damn stoked, you are starting to sound like me with Burks

I don't give a damn.

Drink the kool aid and hop on this bandwagon. I'll drive it right over the edge if I have to!

off_cliff_thelma.jpg

I share the feelings but that original post lacks some stats. Some people choose not to google and have all the info and talk here.

Here is the list:

Blocks Per Game
1.Anthony Davis-NOP2.9
2.Serge Ibaka-OKC2.4
3.DeAndre Jordan-LAC2.3
4.Rudy Gobert-UTA2.2
5.Pau Gasol-CHI2.2
6.Tim Duncan-SAS2.0
7.Roy Hibbert-IND1.9
8.Gorgui Dieng-MIN1.8
9.Andre Drummond-DET1.7
10.DeMarcus Cousins-SAC1.7

And here is the percentage list:

Block Pct
1.Rudy Gobert-UTA8.3
2.Anthony Davis-NOP6.1
3.Serge Ibaka-OKC5.8
4.Roy Hibbert-IND5.8
5.Alex Len-PHO5.8
6.DeAndre Jordan-LAC5.8
7.Brook Lopez-BRK5.1
8.Tim Duncan-SAS4.9
9.Gorgui Dieng-MIN4.7
10.Andre Drummond-DET4.7

Also another NBA stat.

Defensive Box Plus/Minus
1.Draymond Green-GSW4.3
2.Rudy Gobert-UTA4.1
3.Tim Duncan-SAS4.1
4.Tony Allen-MEM3.7
5.Joakim Noah-CHI3.4
6.Josh Smith-TOT3.3
7.DeAndre Jordan-LAC3.2
8.Nerlens Noel-PHI3.1
9.Robin Lopez-POR2.9
10.Nicolas Batum-POR2.8

I like that his presence on the court have made Favors and Hayward better as well. I love the Gobert/Favors pairing, and I'm ecstatic that it seems to be working down low. if the wings and guards can play up to that level (or go get new ones who can play at that level) then this is going to be a dangerous team in the future.

I like that his presence on the court have made Favors and Hayward better as well. I love the Gobert/Favors pairing, and I'm ecstatic that it seems to be working down low. if the wings and guards can play up to that level (or go get new ones who can play at that level) then this is going to be a dangerous team in the future.
Don't forget Trey. Burke has actually looked like an NBA PG over the last couple of weeks.
I think we have our front court starters set for next season in Hayward, Gobert and Favors. I doubt we'll be able to upgrade at PG and Dante won't be ready, so we have to live with Trey. That leaves SG open (or even SF if Hayward were to shift back). AS much as I like Burks, I think Utah needs a player who can hit 3's consistently. Park him in the corner on offense.

Then bring Burks, Kanter, Booker and Exum off the bench.

Don't forget Trey. Burke has actually looked like an NBA PG over the last couple of weeks.
I think we have our front court starters set for next season in Hayward, Gobert and Favors. I doubt we'll be able to upgrade at PG and Dante won't be ready, so we have to live with Trey. That leaves SG open (or even SF if Hayward were to shift back). AS much as I like Burks, I think Utah needs a player who can hit 3's consistently. Park him in the corner on offense.

To show the recent upward trend of Burke's shooting:

Season - 37.9 FG%, 12.7 ppg

Last 10 - 41.4 FG%, 17.6 ppg

Janaury (6 games) - 42.9 FG%. 17.3 ppg

Assists are from 4.5 - 5.0 all season long.

I would like to see the jazz get Stanley Johnson and then have a front line of Johnson, favor and Gobert with Hayward at the 2.

I would like to see the jazz get Stanley Johnson and then have a front line of Johnson, favor and Gobert with Hayward at the 2.

That would be my choice. And Johnson is a guy who could develop into a starter if Gordon opts out and leaves after 3 years. I think he gets drafted before the Jazz pick, though.