What's new

Gobert,Favors,Exum can be Gasol,Zbo,Conley

Totally different teams, but yes, the Jazz have the potential to develop into an old-school defensive powerhouse. The Jazz should be ready to really contend (if they continue developing and add a few pieces to the roster) in a couple of years. Dante Exum will be the key to that. If he reaches his potential, this team is going to be special. The Grizzlies are where they are right now because they've developed their team and been patient through the process. Gasol, Zbo and Conley weren't always the stars they're now considered to be. Aside from the potential improvement from Gobert, Favors and Exum, the Jazz already have a better set of wings than Memphis does in Hayward, Burks and Hood. There's potential for this team to be strong on offense and on defense. I'm exited to see Snyder incorporate more P&R concepts in his half-court offense. The Jazz will be good down the road, and they should use the blueprint of the Grizzlies/Bulls to help them get there.

This might be a little unpopular to say, but i honestly think favors and gobert have more upside than zbo and gasol

They've definitely got more length and athleticism, and are already better defensively.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned is that Hayward is without a doubt better than any wing Memphis has.

Not to distract from the original thread but the current play of Memphis is a tribute to the King.

fat-elvis-impersonator.jpg

Pulling for GSW to get bumped is an unwritten requirement for all Jazz fans everywhere.

I want the Grizzlies and Bulls in the finals. Slowest, lowest scoring NBA championship in decades. Great defense all around though.

Having the Cavs, Warriors and Clippers all fall short is an added bonus.

Plus, having Marc and Pau square off in a battle of Gasols would be fun.

I want the Grizzlies and Bulls in the finals. Slowest, lowest scoring NBA championship in decades. Great defense all around though.

Having the Cavs, Warriors and Clippers all fall short is an added bonus.

Plus, having Marc and Pau square off in a battle of Gasols would be fun.
The main thing that the Gasols have in common, at least as far as I'm concerned, is that Gobert owns them both.

at 20 yrs old ,Conley's 1st yr ...he averaged 9.4 ppg....4.2 apg...2.6 rpg 26 min.....3.6/8.3 (.428).....06/1.7 (.330)

this is easily doable for Exum ,I don't think its a long way to go

I probably should have clarified and mentioned that their offense abilities will be a lot different if Exum reaches his potential. Conley is the shoots the best in the clutch. Exum will hopefully turn into an explosive driver, I don't think he's going to be a reliable outside shooter for a while.

He ain't wrong either. There was a great Grantland article on Conley earlier, somebody should post it.

Lillard is more athletic but Conley is smarter. A PG is like a quarterback; intelligence can trump athleticism. This is what made Stockton so good and why CP3 is still better than Curry.

Lillard is more athletic but Conley is smarter. A PG is like a quarterback; intelligence can trump athleticism. This is what made Stockton so good and why CP3 is still better than Curry.

I would argue Curry became dominate PG over CP3 last year. If I were to have a system where pg ran my offense I would take Currys offensive style over any other pg in NBA right now.

Curry is a human cheat-code and is deserving of the MVP. Teenie-Weenie rocking the board with ****ing wackness yet again.