What's new

Gobert goes to Rio - OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED

Krakdol

France just qualified for the olympics in Rio with a good Boris Diaw. They beat Canada 83-74.

Now Gobert (and Fournier) will join the team in Rio.

Does this mean they are going to get bit by one of those head shrinking mosquitos? Gobert doesn't need a smaller head.

Does this mean they are going to get bit by one of those head shrinking mosquitos? Gobert doesn't need a smaller head.
It means Gobert is going to suffer a career ending injury. We Are Utah Jazz!

It was reverse psychology or something. Opposite day.

If all of our core unit, I would prefer Gobert to go over Hayward, Favors, Exum and even Hood. Gobert needs minutes. He's got to work on his craft.

Sent from my VS980 4G using JazzFanz mobile app

It means that France will end up in the medal round and Gobert/Diaw will give the US bigs a run for their money. . .

Gobert will DOMINATE the paint and have a ton of hype as the "next big thing" by the time the season rolls around. And Diaw will continue to pass, shoot and defend well.

The Jazz coaches and players will see this and commit to being the best defense the league has seen since the 2004 Pistons and EVERYONE will believe. . .

Yeah, of any of our core, Gobert is the one I am happy with playing more minutes in high level competition.
Injuries happen walking to a car, this guy needs to get better and only way to do it is to play more.

Has Lopo infected everyone with the stupid virus? Gobert playing in Rio is a waste of meaningful development time, which typically happens in the off-season. Not to forget injury risk. Terrible news.

I'm visiting family in Puerto Rico right now so the Zika stuff is always in the back of my mind, but I expect Gobert and Diaw should be OK. I have no experience in player development so I don't know how this affects Gobert, maybe others can weigh in on this.

I'm visiting family in Puerto Rico right now so the Zika stuff is always in the back of my mind, but I expect Gobert and Diaw should be OK. I have no experience in player development so I don't know how this affects Gobert, maybe others can weigh in on this.

Don't care how far France goes, but if he's going to be there. . . I hope Rudy tries to take on more of a scoring role for his team. Start shooting the damn ball. Early and often. Show some nice shooting, work on his post game, try some hook shots and put the team on his back. He has the drive, now he just needs to do it. I could see a successful run jump starting his 2016 season.

Did he improve at all by playing with the NT last year? Nope. He needs to be in a gym shooting FT's and working on a couple of offensive moves. IIRC, that was one of the comments last year, that the NT coach didn't let Rudy work on offense. Jazz can't ban their players from playing, but they should highly discourage it.

Don't care how far France goes, but if he's going to be there. . . I hope Rudy tries to take on more of a scoring role for his team. Start shooting the damn ball. Early and often. Show some nice shooting, work on his post game, try some hook shots and put the team on his back. He has the drive, now he just needs to do it. I could see a successful run jump starting his 2016 season.

I completely agree with you. The Olympic Games present Gobert an opportunity to develop some offensive skills, but let's also hope he doesn't overexert himself. He looks somewhat frail and I think the Jazz will always have to limit his playing time to avoid fatigue and, especially, nagging injuries.

I understand the concerns about injuries, specially after what happened to Exum, but that's part of the game.

I'm not comfortable asking someone to not represent his country in such an important event, no matter what country he/she is from.

I wish Gobert the best of luck in the Olympics, just not against Brazil if this match happens! :)

Sent from my SM-J500M using JazzFanz mobile app

I understand the concerns about injuries, specially after what happened to Exum, but that's part of the game.

I'm not comfortable asking someone to not represent his country in such an important event, no matter what country he/she is from.

I wish Gobert the best of luck in the Olympics, just not against Brazil if this match happens! :)

Sent from my SM-J500M using JazzFanz mobile app

Haven't looked at it yet. Is Neto on the Brazillian team in Rio?