What's new

Gobert Hype Machine

Just Ted

I know I will be killed for stating this, but I'm a bit concerned that Gobert will come back to earth a bit this year as teams will now start focusing on him. You see this a lot and unless he is able to adapt to the way teams attack him we will see a slight decline in his impact. My concern is this.... how quickly will posters and fans turn on him if he doesn't show his dominant self over the first few months of the season as he adjusts to the new dynamics of teams?

Yes I have read the post https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...is_shared=true . Still have the concerns.

With Exum out, he will naturally get more challenged by attacking PGs. Luckily we have Favors to help him out.

Unfortunately that is was my real name. Glad I'm not "The" Ted Bundy... Psychotic person he was.

Also, I'm not Richard Simmons.

Last edited:
Unfortunately that is my real name. Glad I'm not "The" Ted Bundy... Psychotic person he was.

Also, I'm not Richard Simmons.
So everybody here uses an anonymous name and you are the one person who decides to use their real one? If I were you I'd change my name so fast heads would be spinning. Even if I didn't do it legally I would quickly find something else to call myself. It's not your fault, but that name brings hideous connotations to the minds of people who lived through that era. How old are you, BTW?

Was my real name. I had it changed in 6th grade. Still use it to ruffle feathers from time to time. :)

Also, I'm older than the other Ted Bundy. I'm an old fart. At least compared to most on this board.

I think if he were an offensive minded player that might be true, but since he's a defensive player I'm not nearly as worried about it.

Other players challenging him would be a dream come true, imho.

Gobert will always have a significant impact on defense regardless of how other teams attack him. I do believe that some people are expecting more improvement offensively then he will likely show next season, but as long as he continues to display the hustle, fire, tenacity, etc that he did last year, no fan will ever turn on him because if they do, he will just turn them right back around with his ridiculous wingspan.

Even if his numbers aren't insane, I'll be stunned if he isn't the same paint presence he was last year. That doesn't just go away.

I still think with his height and what last year showed us, I have a hard time imaging him not getting at least 2.5 blocks and 12 boards a game.

So everybody here uses an anonymous name and you are the one person who decides to use their real one? If I were you I'd change my name so fast heads would be spinning. Even if I didn't do it legally I would quickly find something else to call myself. It's not your fault, but that name brings hideous connotations to the minds of people who lived through that era. How old are you, BTW?

He may have married into the name.

Gobert will always have a significant impact on defense regardless of how other teams attack him. I do believe that some people are expecting more improvement offensively then he will likely show next season, but as long as he continues to display the hustle, fire, tenacity, etc that he did last year, no fan will ever turn on him because if they do, he will just turn them right back around with his ridiculous wingspan.

Teams are going to be forced to beat the Jazz with Jumpers.

Yep. This is not similar to the situation when an unknown point guard bursts onto the scene and plays in a quirky way that takes defenses a while to figure out. His success is also not the result of sky high confidence that is bound to eventually go away. If Gobert's blocks go down it will probably be because our opponents aren't taking the shots inside for fear that he will block them. His impact on the game could actually increase even if his block numbers went down.