What's new

Gobert Injured in Practice: Grade II Sprained MCL

Untitled.jpgUntitled.jpg

Marc Gasol missed 23 games a couple years back with a similar injury...you can see how he did right after he came back (in January) as well as how he progressed the rest of the season. Once his minutes were back to normal he looked just as good as before the injury. Lets hope Gobert is the same way.

FYI the Grizzlies were 7-6 before Gasol went down, they went 10-13 without him, and then went 33-13 when he came back...they ended up winning 50 games and got the 7th seed that year (crazy to think that a 33-13 record to close out the season only gave them the 7th seed, luckily the West isnt as good anymore).

I don't think the Hayward at 4 experiment would work for significant minutes. Just think about him in Favors role in offense, that is completely out of his game. I think I'd start Withey and we would have to give Booker a big jump in minutes. Lyles will get more chance to develop so there's one silver lining?

Damn that sucks.

I guess the good news is our offense will probably be better, but we still will lose more games without him.

In Corbins last year Favors played center almost exclusively. And in the locker clean out interviews he stated that he really didn't like being a center and he preferred power forward

Withey is going to have to step up. If I'm Quin, I start him, then we keep the same rotation. In a way, this will be a good thing in the long run. It will help some of the players develop, like Lyles, and give us a period where some of our players can focus on improving their 3-point shooting, because without Rudy we're going to need to hit 3's.

I'm hating some bitches in this thread. Yeah this sucks. But Rudy gone for 2-6 weeks didn't make us a treadmill team and it doesn't mean we tank. Any POS saying that deserves berry punches.

Withey, Lyles and Booker can hold down the fort. If we put Hayward as the 4 our bench would be atrocious. We gotta save somebody for the 2nd unit. +1 on the Withey starting idea.

This sucks, but could be worse. We got spoiled with Stock and Malone in so many ways.

OMG. I can't believe.

This sucks. Exum and Gobert.. Our defense will be a Swiss cheese.

Ok, i trust in Favors

This is terrible news. We are in trouble. Hopefully we get good energetic booker. Prior to the last few games he was awful. We may see an Ayres call up. I wonder if we are considering making any kind of trade for some help. I think third big is clearly a hole in the roster... I highly doubt we are looking at anything but I guess ya never know.