What's new

Gobert leads the new defensive player ladder

This is clown ****. It's Rudy and it isn't even close. Nobody impacts the opposing team's execution more. Do any of those dudes cause players to straight up just pass out or TURN AROUND when faced with the prospect of being guarded by them?

Also, I want to give up on my hate for the Sixers and their players but Jesus Christ, Simmons is such an insufferable, arrogant **** head. I feel sorry for their fans.

Last edited:
Gobert complete deserves the DPOY this year. Does anyone know what the most is anyone has won this award? He has 2 already, should have 3 already, will get his third this year if there is any justice. Will probably be in the running next year too.

This is clown ****. It's Rudy and it isn't even close. Nobody impacts the opposing team's execution more. Do any of those dudes cause players to straight up just pass out or TURN AROUND when faced with the prospect of being guarded by them?

Also, I want to give up on my hate for the Sixers and their players but Jesus Christ, Simmons is such an insufferable, arrogant **** head. I feel sorry for their fans for having to cheer for them.
Agree wholeheartedly, especially about Simmons. I was so glad we pushed it right back in his face after all the posing and bellowing he did in the first quarter. Sure act the tough guy all you want, then bend over and take the loss like a man, and take your whistling butthole home with you. What a ********.

Gobert complete deserves the DPOY this year. Does anyone know what the most is anyone has won this award? He has 2 already, should have 3 already, will get his third this year if there is any justice. Will probably be in the running next year too.
I read somewhere recently about Dwight winning it four times.

One thing they kind of allude to, but do not outright address, is the fact that Gobert only averages 2.7 or whatever blocks per game because people refuse to challenge him. If he didn't have such a powerful presence he would get many many more blocks, but more often than not he just turns people away in the paint. They did give him some real credit in this statement:

The 6-foot-10 Simmons has the skills, height and inclination to tackle any defensive assignment, making nights miserable for individual scorers compared to Gobert making them long for entire teams.

Sure Simmons is a good 1-1 defender, maybe the best (2nd best really behind Gobert), but Gobert changes the trajectory of the entire team. Not sure how anyone can compete with that.

DPOY if there is any justice.

I read somewhere recently about Dwight winning it four times.
Let's see how this translates here:

One thing they kind of allude to, but do not outright address, is the fact that Gobert only averages 2.7 or whatever blocks per game because people refuse to challenge him. If he didn't have such a powerful presence he would get many many more blocks, but more often than not he just turns people away in the paint. They did give him some real credit in this statement:

Sure Simmons is a good 1-1 defender, maybe the best (2nd best really behind Gobert), but Gobert changes the trajectory of the entire team. Not sure how anyone can compete with that.

DPOY if there is any justice.
Gobert doesn’t chase blocks. It’s his most remarkable quality as a defender. He knows when to threaten-but-hang-back. I could wax poetic about this aspect of his game. ****ing love it.

Simmons was 3-7 when guarded by Gobert and had 3 turnovers. He felt SO disrespected by Rudy guarding him, he just started passing to Jazz players.

Another Philly stat of import - Joel Embid has appeared in 3-13 games played over the last 6 years when matched up with Gobert. In fairness Embiid is injured quite often, but is it just coincidence? or does he have the same relationship with Gobert that Derrick Coleman had with Karl Malone?

Gobert doesn’t chase blocks. It’s his most remarkable quality as a defender. He knows when to threaten-but-hang-back. I could wax poetic about this aspect of his game. ****ing love it.
It is true but I would love Rudy for one game just say @#^%$$@ I am going to try and block as many shots as possible. The problem is that once Rudy blocks two or three shots guys start passing it out. Perhaps they should start counting the times a player drives to basket and then stops and throws out ball due to Rudy being there. Sometimes it is a ridiculous amount of times. I watched one game where it was like 8 or 9 times. I just shook my head with amazement.

It is true but I would love Rudy for one game just say @#^%$$@ I am going to try and block as many shots as possible. The problem is that once Rudy blocks two or three shots guys start passing it out. Perhaps they should start counting the times a player drives to basket and then stops and throws out ball due to Rudy being there. Sometimes it is a ridiculous amount of times. I watched one game where it was like 8 or 9 times. I just shook my head with amazement.
That was exactly my point. He does not get challenged as much so his opportunities are lower. Also, as pointed out, he doesn't chase blocks, unless it is a natural rotation for him. He is such a presence that they just pass it out or dribble through, or through up some ridiculous high-arching shot with no chance of going in to avoid him. He changes more shots than anyone else, by far.

We have seen near those numbers on a single possession. At least 2, as many as 5, on a single possession, and this is pretty common.

Also, I want to give up on my hate for the Sixers and their players but Jesus Christ, Simmons is such an insufferable, arrogant **** head. I feel sorry for their fans for having to cheer for them.

source.gif

but I agree

It's hilarious Simmons said Jazz are disrespecting him by putting Gobert on him
It's should be the other way around fool
You should be honored Jazz are putting best defender in world on you fool :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: