What's new

Gobert out for 4-6 weeks

So if Gobert is out for a while and Favors gets traded, this becomes a tank season. The other one-year guys like Jerebko and Udoh come into play as well.

I would add Joe Jesus to that list. He definitely has value for a contender. Not so much on this Jazz team

Cleveland. They need a real 5 and a defensive boost.

They might be willing to part with the BKN pick in order to have a better shot against GS. A Shumpert/Favors swap works in terms of salary matching.

Sent from my SM-G930P using JazzFanz mobile app

dude, ain't no way we can pry the BKN pick, IMO.

I agree that CLE is a potential landing spot for Favs. What are some other teams that should be in the market?

Cleveland. They need a real 5 and a defensive boost.

They might be willing to part with the BKN pick in order to have a better shot against GS. A Shumpert/Favors swap works in terms of salary matching.

Sent from my SM-G930P using JazzFanz mobile app

lmfao dude, no one is giving up any kind of first round pick for Favors, much less a lottery pick.

lmfao dude, no one is giving up any kind of first round pick for Favors, much less a lottery pick.

I think the best case scenarios are:

1. Jazz trade Favors + a favorable contract <-----> Jazz receive a player under contract for a year or two plus a less favorable contract. But DL would really have to like these players since he's obviously been clearing space.

2. Jazz are able to snare a late-first round pick. I think that's possible.

I agree that CLE is a potential landing spot for Favs. What are some other teams that should be in the market?

The Bucks (to be good) and the Lakers (to shed future salary)? Maybe the Mavericks and Nets (they need a center badly [but either don't care much for improvement or are abjectly lacking assets])?

Hey guys. Bad news, but not the end of the world. My prediction:

- We play/win about the same - better O, worse D

- Favors plays well, but not well enough to think about replacing Gobert

- Favors becomes a key piece in an asset acquiring trade where a wannabe contender sends us assets for a very solid big man on an expiring contract

- Bradley and Mitchell get some much needed playing time.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

The Bucks (to be good) and the Lakers (to shed future salary)? Maybe the Mavericks and Nets (they need a center badly [but either don't care much for improvement or are abjectly lacking assets])?
Yeah but teams like the Mavs had little incentive to trade for Fav since they have enough cap room to sign him outright in UFA.

Teams who will trade for Favors: teams who like him and won't have enough cap space to sign him without birds rights or teams looking to push all in for playoffs who need a starting center.

Sent from my A0001 using JazzFanz mobile app

Well we aren't making the playoffs... this was the stretch to come together and get wins... with us losing two very winnable games already... Gobert comes back after the December schedule has already eaten us up and then has to find a rythymn.

The only moral thing to do is tank the eff outta this B.

Well we aren't making the playoffs... this was the stretch to come together and get wins... with us losing two very winnable games already... Gobert comes back after the December schedule has already eaten us up and then has to find a rythymn.

The only moral thing to do is tank the eff outta this B.
Jazz still making the playoffs

I wish I had your optimism. Looking at the December schedule it's likely Utah will be 5 or 10 games below .500 by the time Rudy gets back, and I think OKC and LAC, who are both currently behind Utah in the standings are better than their current records show.

Sent from my SM-G935V using JazzFanz mobile app
Lac has lost 5 in a row. They are melting down worse than the Jazz.

Portland just lost to the Nets.

I'm not giving up yet.

Lac has lost 5 in a row. They are melting down worse than the Jazz.

Portland just lost to the Nets.

I'm not giving up yet.

So we make the playoffs as the 8th seed, and then what? We still don't have enough talent to compete going forward. You've gotta be blind not to see that we lack talent as a team with Hayward leaving.

So we make the playoffs as the 8th seed, and then what? We still don't have enough talent to compete going forward. You've gotta be blind not to see that we lack talent as a team with Hayward leaving.
Is the team going to tank just cuz I say so?

If Gobert was out for 3 months I'd be singing a different tune. The Jazz can hold down the fort and play 500 ball and make a push starting in January when they inevitability trade Favors for Mirotic.