What's new

Gobert : Stats and Highlights

Piso

Rudy Gobert is the first jazz player ever to reach 1000 Pts, 1000 Rbds and 200 Blks in one season.
Other players to reach these stats :
Bob Lanier 1x (73-74)
Bob McAdoo 1x (73-74)
Elvin Hayes 2x (73-74 ; 76-77)
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar 4x (73-74 ; 75-76 ; 76-77 ; 78-79)
Artis Gilmore 1x (76-77)
Hakeem Olajuwon 3x (88-89 ; 89-90 ; 92-93)
David Robinson 2x (90-91 ; 95-96)
Dikembe Mutombo 1x (92-93)
Shaquille O'Neal 3x (92-93 ; 93-94 ; 99-00)
Tim Duncan 2x (01-02 ; 02-03)
Dwight Howard 2x (08-09 ; 09-10)

Since All-Star Break 2014 :
Jazz with Rudy : 100 - 68 = 60% W
Jazz sans Rudy : 7 - 15 = 32% W
[video=youtube_share;LSrt-To_yws]https://youtu.be/LSrt-To_yws

I made two videos about Gobert.
An old one for the nostalgics (Top 10 in my opinion season 14-15)
[video=youtube_share;C8dBoS0woEg]https://youtu.be/C8dBoS0woEg

A new one for this season. A top 12 because a top 10 is not enough for Rudy
[video=youtube_share;jyPVA-yGiZ4]https://youtu.be/jyPVA-yGiZ4

Rudy is the ****ing man. So conistent. Jazz mvp (Gordon teh runner up)

So what happened in the ufc?
Johnson has the heaviest hands in the ufc. Cormier is amazing. Should have been a great one.

Rudy Gobert is the first jazz player ever to reach 1000 Pts, 1000 Rbds and 200 Blks in one season.
Other players to reach these stats :
Bob Lanier 1x (73-74)
Bob McAdoo 1x (73-74)
Elvin Hayes 2x (73-74 ; 76-77)
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar 4x (73-74 ; 75-76 ; 76-77 ; 78-79)
Artis Gilmore 1x (76-77)
Hakeem Olajuwon 3x (88-89 ; 89-90 ; 92-93)
David Robinson 2x (90-91 ; 95-96)
Dikembe Mutombo 1x (92-93)
Shaquille O'Neal 3x (92-93 ; 93-94 ; 99-00)
Tim Duncan 2x (01-02 ; 02-03)
Dwight Howard 2x (08-09 ; 09-10)

That's some great ****ing company he's keeping. Man, Gobert is a franchise changer if there ever is one.

Rudy is the ****ing man. So conistent. Jazz mvp (Gordon teh runner up)

A far runner up.

So what happened in the ufc?
Johnson has the heaviest hands in the ufc. Cormier is amazing. Should have been a great one.

Wrong thread?

Guys. This is the best Rudy Gobert breakdown I've ever heard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rgkcl4jKi2g

Had to stop watching after the dude said he didn't get much playing time when he was with the nuggets.

I think it was a joke based on the fact that Denver drafted him but sent him to us for cash.

Has any player ever not made the all-star roster (not due to injury) and made the 1st team all-NBA team? Or the 2nd all-NBA team for that matter. I think Gobert will be on one of those All-NBA teams. How about missing the all-star and being the Defensive player of the year? That one seems like it has probably happened but Rudy might do that as well. It would be pretty crazy to be All-NBA 1st team Defensive MVP and Defensive 1st team and not an All-Star(yet).

Has any player ever not made the all-star roster (not due to injury) and made the 1st team all-NBA team? Or the 2nd all-NBA team for that matter. I think Gobert will be on one of those All-NBA teams. How about missing the all-star and being the Defensive player of the year? That one seems like it has probably happened but Rudy might do that as well. It would be pretty crazy to be All-NBA 1st team Defensive MVP and Defensive 1st team and not an All-Star(yet).
Whatever pisses him off enough to wreck the Clippers, Warriors, Spurs and Cavs is fine by me. And I hope he never changes. If he wins Defensive Player of the Year, I hope the fact that it won't be unanimous makes him want to personally destroy DeAndre Jordan, Draymond Green, Kawhi Leonard and Lebron James just to leave no doubt.

I think we may overrate Rudy a bit here, but the good thing is he is going to get even better. He could be a top-5 player in a couple of years, and definitely in the top-20 now. Note that everyone on that list, aside from Howard, is a HOF'r

I think we may overrate Rudy a bit here, but the good thing is he is going to get even better. He could be a top-5 player in a couple of years, and definitely in the top-20 now. Note that everyone on that list, aside from Howard, is a HOF'r

How so? I think the guy is rated just as he should be. He's a verifiable, game changer.

I don't think anyone saw his offensive game taking such a leap. And he is such a solid paint protector it actually HURT his blocks per game as teams worked from a game plan to just stay away from him, giving him fewer opportunities to block shots. If they had kept running at him he would have averaged 6+ per game easy. One of the bigger game-changers in the league right now. Love it! Can't wait to see him here in LA next week!!

I don't think anyone saw his offensive game taking such a leap. And he is such a solid paint protector it actually HURT his blocks per game as teams worked from a game plan to just stay away from him, giving him fewer opportunities to block shots. If they had kept running at him he would have averaged 6+ per game easy. One of the bigger game-changers in the league right now. Love it! Can't wait to see him here in LA next week!!

I definitely didn't, especially after all of those issues with just catching the ball in the paint.

When you say "here" what the **** do you mean? Are you in LA?

I definitely didn't, especially after all of those issues with just catching the ball in the paint.

When you say "here" what the **** do you mean? Are you in LA?

You don't pay attention very well my friend. A while ago I asked your (and other LA area folks) for your opinion on a decent place to live since I was moving to work in Moreno Valley. We moved in December and we live in Redlands. You more or less just scoffed at Moreno Valley than anything else.

I scored tickets to the first game in Clipper-land next week, date TBD based on today's games. If it pans out I will be at the Jazz-Clips game on Saturday night, spend the night at the Super8 in LA, then go to the Dodgers game on Sunday (got free tickets from a vendor at work, decent seats and I have never been to a major league baseball game before so it sounds fun).

1976 - Pete Maravich - First NBA Team and not all-star (All Star 1973-74-77-78-79)
2016 - Deandre Jordan - First NBA Team and not all-star (1st All-Star in 2017)

The first video touches on what I think may be the most impressive argument for Rudy being Dpoy.

List the NBA players that can guard a starting PG and C simultaneously. That list begins and ends with Gobert.

We know how this ends for another player.

LeBron will stop the ball handler and the roller will get a dunk. LBJ will get pissed at his teammate for not rotating over, displaying his patented"get over here!" hand motion.

Kawhi will also stop the ball handler but his teammates will rotate, cuz pops.

Draymond will get frustrated and kick the roll man in the *********.

I always thought that much of Goberts offensive issues were due to sucky pg play. Way too many passes being thrown at his knees. Way to much throwing to Gobert as a bail out rather than giving him the ball where he could do something with it. Having 3 point threats has helped Gobert's offense immensely.

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk