What's new

Gobert to Minnesota

New Jersey traded for washups and legit morons.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
They actually acquired two guys who won championships and 3 mvp candidates. And it didn't work. Sometimes stuff doesnt work.

Only 1 path, that would be option 2
Are we really that much worse next year with Ayton instead of Gobert? With Vanderbilt instead of Royce? With Kessler instead of Whiteside? With Beverly instead of Forrest? With Beasley instead of Paschall?

We would have more bite, more perimeter defense, a 2 way big that shows up in the playoffs, and more youth than last year with that crew.

Is it a contender? Probably not. So if you are going big, then option 2 is probably best. But option one is way more relevant now.

With Gobert we had the #1 record in the league and reached the second round 3 times. Without him we are getting to the _______ ?
With multiple playoff embarrassments. I remember getting smoked by golden state (thought they were gods so no biggie) Getting smoked by the rockets when they were playing poorly. Being up 3-1 and losing to the nuggets. Being up 2-0 and losing to the clippers without Kahwi. Losing in the first to dallas without luka for multiple games. The jazz have been a very good team during the gobert era but not a very good playoff team.

Ok I’m dumb. What’s so exciting about future first round picks from a team that will be really good and the pic is likely to be 20-22 or thereabouts. While getting significantly worse at the same time ???
The picks go until 2029. You want to try to predict the state of the league at that point?

Go back to the franchise inception and let me know if it’s a good gamble that the Wolves won’t be awesome for the better part of a decade.

This doesnt make a lot of sense to me. I you are keeping Don and not tanking why in gods name would you send Rudy to a team in the west thats a Rudy Gobert away from contending?
Because they had the best offer? Always take the best offer. Always.

Hate the Ayton idea.
If its just bogey and a first like I heard then I kinda like it. Its risky cause its a big contract but at least it isn't a super max. Could end up crappy or amazing or anywhere in between but Ayton was a number pick and has been quite good so far and is still very young and has potential to be tapped, possibly.

That's a super sad day for me as a Jazz fan. I really loved Rudy and other teams' fans hate for him made me love him even more. His relentlessness and unselfishness on both ends of the floor were defining characteristics of this iteration of Jazz basketball and the main reason this team was good when it was good and his absence was the reason we were bad/mediocre any time he missed games. Of course he had his ill-fated **** up around COVID and unfortunately this for some people defined him, rather than his response in the aftermath, but still...

I will always root for Rudy. Whenever he's not playing the Jazz he will always have a fan in me. I hope Minny gives him more love and support than the Jazz did.

Best center in the history of the Jazz.

Salute, Rudy!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svhhLJKMSaI

Agree with all of this. I loved rudy from the first moment i saw him on court for the jazz...... At a freaking jazz summer scrimmage after we drafted him. I remember laughing at how hard he was playing and how his teammates were getting pissed cause he was going so ****ing hard in a dumb *** scrimmage with his teammates. Sloan would have loved to coach him. Such a hard worker.

Everybody knows he's got value. And now everybody knows he wasn't a good fit here anymore.
Or donovan wanted him gone and jazz had to pick someone and picked mitchell. I thought he fit in great here on court.

Great offseason so far. Now I have three teams to cheer for, Jazz, Bucks and Wolves. I would love seeing Joe, Rudy or Jazz get a chip!

Yay, we get to be on of those teams that wishes they could make the playoffs. Who knows how many years it will be until this team ever does anything again.

Only get Ayton if it comes relatively cheap. Like Beasley for Ayton cheap.

If we get Ayton, we'd have Kessler, Doke AND Ayton all as limited big men rim protectors. I doubt Hardy was brought in to use our same methods from before.
Ayton seemed to have a pretty good outside shot when I saw him. Even saw him make some threes in games. Is he really limited? If so, in what way?

This is a deal you give for any superstar. Too bad Jazz fans never really got to the idea that they have a superstar(even if unconventional) in Rudy.
While I agree, I think that with most superstars (I only consider the top 10 players or so to be superstars) typically get past the 2nd round after 10 years or so playing for a team.

$35+ million didn't help Rudy create any offensive moves. Maybe he'll learn something from KAT.
The effort was always there from rudy on both ends. He never needed motivation. He played hard as hell on both ends covering so much ground and doing all the dirty work. The complaint with donovan is lack of effort defensively. There was no lack of effort with rudy