What's new

Gobert to Minnesota

So we traded an all star for "you never know?" Completely agree and trading someone like Rudy for a hopeful prayer makes no sense. We should have at least got some talent in return. I am fine with the prayer part IF we got some talent to go with it.
We sucked at perimeter defense right? Beverley and Vanderbilt address that. Kessler could protect the rim some. Beasley is a solid player.

I agree we didn't get a massive player in this, but we addressed some major depth issues.

It's not like the Dallas Wood trade where Houston got a pick and a bunch of scrubs. These guys are solid.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app

We got the Harden package... the KD package (basically what it will be)... so we really shouldn't complain.

Now Danny calls NY "Hey you have 8 firsts... I'll take em you get Don... say no and my next call is Riley"

The Pelicans got the 8th pick from the Lakers and one of the Clippers picks was in the lottery for OKC this year. Houston controls Brooklyn's draft for the foreseeable future, didn't look valuable when they traded Harden, now it does.
Yup. We could get lucky. And we traded an all star for a hope at lucky and rotation guys.

Don't forget the player(s) to be named later in this trade. The $35ish million in free agency starting next summer.

OK, I am going to start this by saying that I have been a Jazz fan since they came to Utah. I have seen bad times, good times, and great times. However, this year was worse than any I can remember. Let me preface my remarks by saying that I don't like change at all, however, sometimes we must. This last year I felt the Jazz were stuck. We couldn't go forward and we couldn't go back. Just stuck and there was no relief in sight. While I am not crazy about trading Gobert, I realize it had to be done or we would continue to be stuck. I for one want to win a championship, so if that means that we must take some steps backwards in order to go forwards, then we must do it. I am not advocating change for change sake. After reading this entire thread, some of you are questioning our return for Gobert. I realize it isn't perfect but it was more than almost anyone here anticipated. I am a teacher and I have a side business buying storage sheds. In that side business I have learned that if I find something worth $50 in a storage shed, I can't sell it dollar for dollar. Many times in order to sell it I have to sell it for $30-40. In order to trade you aren't going to get dollar for dollar, the trick is to get as much as you can, then see what can be traded from there. Overall, I don't feel as stuck, we can now pivot and try new things. My only hope is that we continue this into a rebuild not a reload. My opinion is if we stop short of the rebuild we will only be delaying it, making it longer and more painful, and ripping the band aid off quickly is better than slowly and painfully.

Also... masterclass... Ainge trades Rudy for 4 picks... now Suns can get a few picks (from Indy maybe) to send Brooklyn's way to get teh KD deal done... Brooklyn sends those picks to Miami to get Herro... Miami sends all teh picks to us.
I read that and heard The Merry-Go-Round Broke Down.

One of the most hair-pulling myths of the past 12 months was that the Clippers couldn't go 5-out against the Suns because of Ayton's post-up game, and not because the Suns perimeter defenders could adequately stop penetration.
Do you have anything to back this up? Why did the Clippers beat us? Because they went small. There's multiple ways to beat the 5 out, one is making people pay underneath. Especially with having a perimeter defender, maybe the best in the league. If rumors are true, there's a reason we are interested.