God is good

Whether or not there is any type of god
I’m not supposed to say
And today
I don’t really care
God is a word
And the argument ends there

Reactions: MVP
God is great and wise. He is Almighty. He is most generous. He is sufficient for all of universe. We should pray to God daily and ask for his Forgiveness.

He
Don’t care. He’s above the Mendoza line when he’s 30 years old and just seriously picked up the game a couple years ago. That’s nuts.
He was All-State in HS and a projected 10th round prospect out of HS if he wanted to enter the draft.

There's 40 rounds. Its pretty good.

Hes playing AA, its meh.

And the majority of players taken in the 10th round are career minor leaguers.

Your lack of baseball knowledge is showing. To pickup a sport after not concentrating on it all until you’re 28 or so, and then making it to AA is really freaking impressive.

And the majority of players taken in the 10th round are career minor leaguers.

Your lack of baseball knowledge is showing. To pickup a sport after not concentrating on it all until you’re 28 or so, and then making it to AA is really freaking impressive.
Yeah, and Tim Tebow is a career minor leaguer.

God is great and wise. He is Almighty. He is most generous. He is sufficient for all of universe. We should pray to God daily and ask for his Forgiveness.

Simple language, great idea. Americans don't talk that way, though.

I'm generally on the prowl for anyone who'll talk about "God", but maybe in another thread. This thread is totally contemporary culture/sports. Tebow has made a name for putting God out front in his personal business, and a lot of religious Americans are almost cult followers.

Age is real. Starting late is not such a serious consideration in baseball as in basketball or football though..... a lot of standing out in the sun, a lot of sitting in the shade too. A few minutes of activity where it counts..... But still, the ball moves pretty fast when in play and you need perfect coordination......

Meh

no thanks

Let's re-open the LTE and discuss. Fun for me to see how people decide not to think, or reject thinking because others have done such a poor job with it........

Mark Levin talked about the philosophical basis of modern progressivism the other day, and wrote about I think in his book "Ameritopia".

Rejecting God, however valid our reasons, puts us in a vulnerable position, psychologically.... not so good....

People who believe in some abstract notion of an unknown or undisclosed absolute authority who will when necessary assert control over the universe, have to be.... are logically constrained to be, at least.... humble in a few respects. If we are wrong about anything.... we're not the last straw of hope for the planet. We hafta sorta be prepared to be set straight....

People who reject the abstract possibility of anything greater than themselves.... are desperate humans....

If we don't get it right, we're just screwed.

So liberals, today for whatever that term really means, just don't have the flexibility it takes to be aware that they are not the ultimate Gods themselves, nor do they have the patience and humor it takes to give others some wiggle room about anything......

The whole liberal mindset is apocalyptic crisis where, unless we can achieve total governance and compliance, we're doomed.

Cheer up, my friend. It's not as bad as all that. The sun will come up tomorrow.

Rejecting God, however valid our reasons, puts us in a vulnerable position, psychologically.... not so good....

I'm much more psychologically sound than I was as a believer. Someday I should write a book as to why, but not today. But I'll give you one little nugget. As a child, I was terrified by the idea that God was watching everything I did, to the point that I could hardly get off my bed because I was so afraid of making a mistake. I believed that my "natural man" tendencies were threatening to overcome my "godlike" tendencies at every moment, and I was constantly afraid I would lose the battle. Every mistake I made reinforced that I was inherently a bad person. I believed every single word that I was told, and I internalized it in unhealthy ways. I am the completely wrong personality type for a belief in a supreme leader who expected a continuous journey toward achieving perfection. Now that I get to make my own rules based on my own understanding of right and wrong, I am whole. And I am a much better person than I ever realized.

People who believe in some abstract notion of an unknown or undisclosed absolute authority who will when necessary assert control over the universe, have to be.... are logically constrained to be, at least.... humble in a few respects. If we are wrong about anything.... we're not the last straw of hope for the planet. We hafta sorta be prepared to be set straight....

Life is pretty humbling in and of itself, for most anyone who actually cares about anyone other than themselves. And the idea that someone will straighten out man's mistakes by magical means is why people created gods in the first place. Well, that and to explain things they didn't yet have the knowledge to explain.

People who reject the abstract possibility of anything greater than themselves.... are desperate humans....

If we don't get it right, we're just screwed.

One could argue about who are actually the desperate ones.

So liberals, today for whatever that term really means, just don't have the flexibility it takes to be aware that they are not the ultimate Gods themselves, nor do they have the patience and humor it takes to give others some wiggle room about anything......

The whole liberal mindset is apocalyptic crisis where, unless we can achieve total governance and compliance, we're doomed.

Cheer up, my friend. It's not as bad as all that. The sun will come up tomorrow.

Oddly, those in my acquaintance who claim to be liberal, progressive or independent tend to have a much brighter outlook about the world than many of the self-proclaimed conservatives that I know. They often dwell on last-day teachings and prophecies and believe the world is a terrible place and getting worse every day.

That's the trouble with labeling people. No two people in a group think exactly alike. And I firmly believe that as long as people are not hurting other people, they can believe in anything they want. So go with god, my friend, if you so choose.