What's new

Going from Al Jefferson's 08-09 stats (The teams he was most effective against)

Purch

Houston Rockets

35 Points/18 Rebounds/4 Assist

( He seems to carry the Utah tradition of raping Houston)

Boston Celtics

28 points/8 Rebounds/1 assist

Chicago Bulls

29 Points/12 Rebounds/1 assist

Golden State Warriors

29 Points/11 Rebounds/2 assist

Los Angeles Lakers

27 Points/13 Rebounds/2 Assist

Memphis Grizzlies

29 Points/14 Rebounds/1 Assist

San Antonio Spurs

29 Points/11 Rebounds/ 1 assist

This is the best thread of the past month. Radical. It looks like Jefferson does play better when he goes against talented big men.

And in the six games Jefferson has played against the Jazz over the past two seasons (he was injured for 2 games vs. the Jazz in 08/09), he averaged 20 points and 9 rebounds. Glad he's on OUR side now!

I downloaded the rockets game and that one did go into double overtime. I am looking for some with him playing the lakers but from what i got from the rocket was there was some good and bad with him. He does not run down the court fast at all so Jazz are going to have to watch fast pace teams for sure. Going to need ak more then ever this year. But on the upside is that he does add more on the d end and isn't afraid of hitting someone down. Wasn't the greatest d but you could tell he wants to come over to help. Another thing i got is that he is bigger then i though and could give us a center we have never had before. Also gives memo at the pf where he can post up against smaller people and maybe going against some teams keeping paul in there as well at the same time. But i think ak is going to be the key this year from how this team is being built. Way too early to tell but this team could be a scary team this year.

not to rain on y'alls parade
wasnt yao ming out for the year.
didnt hosuton have no centers just a bunch of midgets?

Not in 08/09

Here are his (and Yaos) numbers against the Rockets, taken from the homer morons at clutchfans:

January 2008

Jefferson - 2/10 for 6 points 6 rebounds and 2 blocks
Yao - 6/8 for 15 points 4 rebounds and 2 blocks

Feb 2008

Jefferson - 14/26 for 33 points 16 rebounds 3 blocks
Yao - 6/11 for 16 points 5 rebounds 0 blocks

Jan 2009

Jefferson - 16/30 for 36 points 22 rebounds 4 stls 2 blocks
Yao - 12/18 for 30 points 6 rebounds 5 blocks

Feb 2009 (the next game Jefferson was out for the season)

Jefferson - 15/31 for 34 points 13 rebounds 4 assists and 3 blocks
Yao - 9/17 for 18 points 4 rebounds 3 assists 5 pf 2 blocks

Totals:

Al: 47/97 (48%), 27 points, 14 boards, 2.5 blocks
Yao: 33/54 (61%), 20 points, 5 boards, 2.25 blocks

Interestingly enough, Yao has a much better percentage but Jefferson, being part of a woeful Timberwolves team, had to shoot a lot more. He's a far superior rebounder, and even manages to block more than a 7 foot 6 guy for some reason. Oh, and two of those games are from the 07/08 season. I guess Jefferson got hurt before they could play the Rockets again in 08/09.

Last edited: