What's new

Golden State visits the Holy Jazz - An Official Game Thread

e10f32c1f03509446c17726197d78ac9.jpg

I'm shocked Burke only took 16 shots (he hit 6 of them). It felt like he was taking a shot every other possession.

People hate on Burke shooting too much, but without him, we would probably have a billion shot clock violations per game. Team is full of wings who are scared to let it fly.

Unchained dog ^^^^^^^^^

Think it through. Someone has to be the first test subjects and they are both perfect.
First of all, no one would notice if Novak disappears from the bench.
Second of all, if the procedure somehow goes wrong and screws up Joe's shot no one would notice. Win-win.

You have a point... I thought in this scenario that the technology was proven. If this is the case try it out on ongles first... If it works transfer it again to someone better.

We then sign Ray Allen and tranfer his abilities to Gobert.

People hate on Burke shooting too much, but without him, we would probably have a billion shot clock violations per game. Team is full of wings who are scared to let it fly.
Fair point.

But even if we had wings that aint scurred to shoot, burke would still suck

Best win of the year... Love beating those guys... Gobert is unreal... Eff kanter Booker should be our third big. Give Hayward another max contract.

My 7 year old sons analysis after watching just one game... He says we need to trade Burke. Think I may have to get him an account and have him start posting.

How many shots did Burke have to shoot with less than 5 seconds on the shot clock? Like 4? I mean, if we are going to hate on him, let's at least recognize he is given the ball a lot of the time with not enough time on the clock to really get a good look.

How many shots did Burke have to shoot with less than 5 seconds on the shot clock? Like 4? I mean, if we are going to hate on him, let's at least recognize he is given the ball a lot of the time with not enough time on the clock to really get a good look.

I see what you're saying, but Trey Burke doesn't help himself by being horrible in transition and pounding the ball into the ****ing ground for 10+ seconds on possessions consistently.

I have to seriously ask if you watched tonight's game too. Trey is almost always the reason we do have shot clock violations or close to. He stops the ****ing ball, man. On three seperate occasions tonight he dribbled in place with ~12 secs left on the clock....and then with great urgency, continued this same practice of "lots of dribbling" and then took a desperation shot. On all these occasions, the ball was moving fine before he came in.

I'm not making this up or exaggerating.

That's like saying "well in his defense he has a hard time getting jobs because of being a convicted criminal".

I have to seriously ask if you watched tonight's game too. Trey is almost always the reason we do have shot clock violations or close to. He stops the ****ing ball, man. On three seperate occasions tonight he dribbled in place with ~12 secs left on the clock....and then with great urgency, continued this same practice of "lots of dribbling" and then took a desperation shot. On all these occasions, the ball was moving fine before he came in.

That's like saying "well in his defense he has a hard time getting jobs because of being a convicted criminal".

Yeah, I watched the game. I really don't thin a lot of it is Burke's fault. A lot of times guys are passing up open looks and the ball returns to Trey. Yeah, some of it is his fault, but I blame more of it on the lack of offensive firepower from our wings.

Bascially, I respect Burke's lack of fear in shooting when he misses a shot as opposed to an Ingles/Millsap/Exum who shy away from shooting if they miss 1 or 2. It's a real problem for our wings and we run way too deep in teh shotclock a lot of the time because of it.

Hopefully Dante isn't even more afraid of contact/driving after getting clobbered by Draymond

Favorite part of the game was Exum dying after catching shoulder from Green. He went to the locker room to throw up afterwards.

I find it curious that I hear people saying that Trey had to shoot a lot of shots with time running down, and thus we shouldn't blame him for his horrible shooting. You absolutely nailed it with that post. It seems like he doesn't get the idea of ball movement, as if he's always been the man and never had to pass the ball with any degree of consistency. I hate watching Trey for exactly the reason you cited. He stops the ball and dribbles uselessly in the exact same place until he has to shoot a 30 foot shot. It's every damn game. He becomes more palatable when he makes everything he shoots.

Yeah, I watched the game. I really don't thin a lot of it is Burke's fault. A lot of times guys are passing up open looks and the ball returns to Trey. Yeah, some of it is his fault, but I blame more of it on the lack of offensive firepower from our wings.

I guess we will agree to disagree and I usually agree with you.

Out loud, multiple times tonight, yelled at the TV when Trey had the ball "do something!". One of these things is not like the other when it comes to Trey and other dudes like Booker, Rudy, Ingles, Hayward, Millsap etc etc etc.