What's new

Goodbye, Green Party

Kids need to eat more dirt. Or at least play around in it. Seriously. And a cow or two wouldn't hurt. Or maybe a pet goat.

Just heard about a study that shows Amish children have far lower rates of asthma than the general population and it's attributed to the fact that they are exposed to farm animals and more dust in their home environment.

Kids need to eat more dirt. Or at least play around in it. Seriously. And a cow or two wouldn't hurt. Or maybe a pet goat.

Just heard about a study that shows Amish children have far lower rates of asthma than the general population and it's attributed to the fact that they are exposed to farm animals and more dust in their home environment.

I agree! I throw dust and dirt in my kids faces all the time. good times

Who follows the "5 second rule"?

I thought it was ten seconds?

I don't really worry about it. If something falls on the ground in something really gross I won't put it in my mouth, if it lands somewhere that looks reasonably clean I will.

Who follows the "5 second rule"?

I follow the "if it hits the ground I'm not going to put it in my mouth" rule. Period.

Same sort of rule, if something enters the garbage can it is now garbage.

We encounter germs all day every day. I can accept that. But the places that our feet touch and the places our garbage touches, none of that has a direct path into my body. I don't need those kinds of problems.

Kids need to quit playing electronics all day an go exercise like ride bikes an stuff.

I agree.

I use complete autonomy in split-second decisions, though. Sometimes depends on who's watching. Sometimes depends on the stuff. I should have a very good immune system overall for all the exercise I give it.

I told our pediatrician, when he was suggesting vaccinations, that I had it all covered because my kids are encouraged to eat dirt. lol. Sometimes, the pained looks of overly concerned managerial mentalities are worth it.

Those are very broad labels, being pro-vax or anti-vax. Some vaccinations have been proven to cause autism while others have improved our life expectancy. It's not a black or white issue.

Good God man! You're joking, right? Is Jenny McCarthy your source? SMFH.