What's new

Gordon Hayward Costume

Cappy_Smurf

Guy loses his leg to cancer, doesn't lose his sense of humor.

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1630100

I copied this directly from a thread on Realgm, so you can read through the comments there if you like. Most people are fine with it, while a few oversensitive types seem to be more worried about a filthy rich pro athlete with a temporary injury than the guy who actual has to go through life without a leg.

q0k99g3sqsuz.jpg

A Jazz fan mocking Hayward's injury for a costume (I thought this was gonna be that) would be pathetic, this is hilarious.

Good point.

I mean, Halloween is all about death and gore, so going as a dead celebrity would be ok, but anything to do with a broken leg is just going too far. Derp.

I feel inclined to defend tfivas in this instance. He said it would be pathetic for a Jazz fan to do that. I assume because if would make said fan look petty. He didn't cry over insensitivity to Hayward's injury or anything like that.

I feel inclined to defend tfivas in this instance. He said it would be pathetic for a Jazz fan to do that. I assume because if would make said fan look petty. He didn't cry over insensitivity to Hayward's injury or anything like that.

Who said this amputee isn't a Jazz fan? Would that change the fact that this guy is obviously dealing with real, permanent issues compared to the very temporary problem Hayward is having?

I don't give a **** about Hayward, I laughed when I saw he got hurt until I saw the severity of it.

Fair enough, but this was kind of my point. Hayward's injury is less severe than the first injury Dante suffered, yet people have blown it out of proportion due to how gruesome it looked. There were actually comments that people felt as if someone in their family died. In the grand scheme of things, Hayward's injury is nothing compared to this guy in a Hayward costume.

Basically my thoughts, just don't engage with people when they're being annoying. I think the best thing for Jazz fans to do at this point is to act like Hayward never existed, makes us look dumb.

I don't give a **** about Hayward, I laughed when I saw he got hurt until I saw the severity of it.
*haywood